Rodney Purvis: | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just want to say its great to see him come into his own as a player. He has an amazing attitude. He exemplifies what I think is Husky basketball. Adams and Hamilton are great but if everyone laced them up like Rodney every night I think this team would go far. Great road win.

Reaction Score
I think he's one of the most under appreciated players we've had in sometime. Always has a great attitude and plays hard every minute he's on the floor. He's also averaging 15.3 pt/gm on 51% shooting. FT shooting is another story, but besides that he's been our most rock solid player this year.

Reaction Score
I am really happy with the play of Purvis, Hamilton, Facey and Miller. As Adams matures, Gibbs will get to play off the ball more and will be a more consistent outside threat. Slowly but surely each players role is becoming more defined.

One other note on Rodney, he stepped on the baseline countless times last season. I don't remember him doing it once this season.

Reaction Score
I think he's one of the most under appreciated players we've had in sometime. Always has a great attitude and plays hard every minute he's on the floor. He's also averaging 15.3 pt/gm on 51% shooting. FT shooting is another story, but besides that he's been our most rock solid player this year.
FT shooting isnt really another story. He is as good from the line as he is from the floor.

Reaction Score
When they won with Bazz what consistently separated us was our clutch free throw shooting. Not sure we lost it. Didnt they talk about some Steve Nash speed drill they used?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
When they won with Bazz what consistently separated us was our clutch free throw shooting. Not sure we lost it. Didnt they talk about some Steve Nash speed drill they used?
I would be shocked if Purvis wasn't a much better FT shooter in practice (or the Nash drill) than he is with the pressure of a real game on his mind. He's overthinking, it's a big mental wall for him to climb.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
As a team, we didnt lose it at all. We're shooting 73% at the free throw line as a team, with Hamilton, Gibbs, Omar and Brimah all shooting over 80%. Purvis is the one outlier.

Reaction Score
As a team, we didnt lose it at all. We're shooting 73% at the free throw line as a team, with Hamilton, Gibbs, Omar and Brimah all shooting over 80%. Purvis is the one outlier.
Yup. And it's worth noting that Hamilton & Brimah especially have increased their FT% by huge amounts. Whatever it is KO has them doing to work on free throws works.

Except for poor Rodney.

Reaction Score
Yeah Hamilton was. FT liability last year (missing 3 vs Temple at end of OT?) but is really good this year. Rodney can share his workout routine with him and Hamilton can share his FT secrets

Reaction Score
Purvis has been a great player so far this year. Without his defense we would have at least a couple more losses. I could see him being a 3 and d guy in the nba if he was a couple inches taller but or him to make it to the NBA he needs to
1. Improve his handle (already made an improvement from last year)
2. Improve his mid range...maybe add a floater
3. Improve his free throws
4. Improve his decision making, anticipation, play more in control (he has already made a huge improvement in this area from last year)
Hopefully, he understands his weaknesses and comes back next year to improve. If he can improve these things he could easily be a bench player in the NBA for multiple years. Keep improving Rodney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom