Rodney Purvis waived by Boston | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis waived by Boston

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Unpleasant but not unexpected news, as this was said to be the plan from the outset. Here's hoping he finds a spot in training camp with another team.

Link

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unpleasant but not unexpected news, as this was said to be the plan from the outset. Here's hoping he finds a spot in training camp with another team.

Link

Boston was not a roster he had a chance to crack. I hope he lands elsewhere and gets a shot.

Reaction Score
Someone will grab him for camp. Maybe he'll get a 2way after that or begin a lucrative Euro career.

pj

Reaction Score
The parque floor confused the hell out of him.

Damn.

It was good for him -- when he was out of bounds, he was inbounds.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he gets a nice euro contract

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Doesn’t have the skill set for his size in the NBA. He’ll be able to make bank in Europe though.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought he played well for Orlando last year but then I went back and checked his stats.

32% from the field, 25% from deep. Yikes. Hoping he does well in Europe! One of the nicest dudes in the history of the UConn program.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought he played well for Orlando last year but then I went back and checked his stats.

32% from the field, 25% from deep. Yikes. Hoping he does well in Europe! One of the nicest dudes in the history of the UConn program.

The guy fulfilled his life long dream of playing in the NBA. Good for him. Having said that, don't see him making another NBA roster and it does not make sense to go back to the G League with more lucrative euro contracts hopefully waiting for him.

I feel bad that he didn't receive the quality of coaching while at UConn a top 20 recruit deserved.

Reaction Score

Link
Rodney had some good minutes with Orlando last season but looked awful in this year's summer league.

Reaction Score

He did well in G league, not so much in NBA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Rodney had some good minutes with Orlando last season but looked awful in this year's summer league.

Yeah, sadly pretty bad except for the final game against OKC.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Rodney was an abassador of the school and led many official visits for recruits. He played a key role in our only NCAA tournament appearance since 2014 and played hard in our 16-17 debacle. For those things, I am thankful for him. He was not perfect but I wish him the best and will remember his time at UConn fondly

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The guy fulfilled his life long dream of playing in the NBA. Good for him. Having said that, don't see him making another NBA roster and it does not make sense to go back to the G League with more lucrative euro contracts hopefully waiting for him.

I feel bad that he didn't receive the quality of coaching while at UConn a top 20 recruit deserved.

He may get a 2 way with another team - no way was he sticking with Boston - Orlando was a good place last season but they are going in another direction. RP was one of the better guards in the G League so there will be some interest- if not he can earn some nice cash overseas
as far as your last statement - let RP decide if that's the case and in speaking with him several times over the past 18 months, he has nothing but the highest respect for KO - let it go

Reaction Score
He may get a 2 way with another team - no way was he sticking with Boston - Orlando was a good place last season but they are going in another direction. RP was one of the better guards in the G League so there will be some interest- if not he can earn some nice cash overseas
as far as your last statement - let RP decide if that's the case and in speaking with him several times over the past 18 months, he has nothing but the highest respect for KO - let it go

He deserved better than KO. I’m shocked he didn’t transfer. It’s pretty rare for a top 15 recruit to go undrafted

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom