Rodney Purvis signed by Miami Heat | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis signed by Miami Heat

Reaction Score
Does Rodney have a ring as a red shirt member of '14? He had a scholly so I think so?

Reaction Score
I once advocated for Rodney to join WWE because of his athleticism, physique, penchant for going out of bounds and the possibilities of using his red Ferrari gimmick after I gave up hope that he could be a good basketball player.

He has really turned himself into a player.

Reaction Score
I once advocated for Rodney to join WWE because of his athleticism, physique, penchant for going out of bounds and the possibilities of using his red Ferrari gimmick after I gave up hope that he could be a good basketball player.

I support your WWE comment. He’s not far from their performance center. I’ll call Vince.

Go Purv!

Reaction Score
The average for 3 point shooting in the nba last year was 36.5%. Of the top 100 scorers, 18 shot over 40% from three. I’d love to see RP shoot 40+ but that’s a lot to ask. How about better than league average. If he does that, he gets paid for several years, especially with his Dfense.

Reaction Score
I'm reading on CBSSports and elsewhere that he'll probably get stashed in the G-League. Could be worse.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Absolutely have the highest respect for RP After speaking to him several times after games, the young man showed respect to all and gave his time to talk with everyone who wanted to chew his ear. He stands by the UConn program, it's past and current players and former coaches. I know many on this board loved to kill him on his play but he has played at the highest level and looks like he will again in Miami.
Congrats RP - you are the best!!!

Reaction Score
History is being rewritten. How many times was this dude out of bounds????!!!??! Inexcusable.

I want him to do well but at best a Mazda Miata at UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
History is being rewritten. How many times was this dude out of bounds????!!!??! Inexcusable.

I want him to do well but at best a Mazda Miata at UConn.

A lot less than you’re remembering.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Always helped out when recruits came on campus. Staff must have known he was a great ambassador for Uconn.
Best wishes Rodney and keep up the improvement.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think RP's performance/improvement since leaving UConn is the biggest indictment of KO's approach to coaching and to plain-old Xs & Os. He may not have had a Ferrari, but he damned sure had a pretty hot 'Vette and unfortunately, he drove it like a 20 year old, six cylinder, Powerglide, Chevy Nova.

Reaction Score
I met Rodney the year he had to sit out. He was friendly, polite and gracious. He has a bright future after basketball, but props to him for inking another deal. He crushed the G league. Hope he sticks awhile

C

Chief00

It’s amazing for a basketball player to be known for going out of bounds. That is the one thing Chief recalls that upset George more than Jim with Jerome.
At any rate, got to know Rodney and he’s someone you could have some fun with.
Glad he’s got this opportunity.

Reaction Score
His shooting range is out of this world and he defends. He could find a spot in Miami. His problem at UConn was he could not finish all alone on the break. Never saw a guy so challenged to put in a lay up ahead of the field.

C

Chief00

His shooting range is out of this world and he defends. He could find a spot in Miami. His problem at UConn was he could not finish all alone on the break. Never saw a guy so challenged to put in a lay up ahead of the field.
Purvis has relatively short arms and doesn’t use the left hand much, both of which limits him on layups. I do agree about his strength creating range on his shot.
Interesting to Chief is that the two dudes they waived were signed 10/7. A week later they are waived. So lots of ups and downs living on the NBA margins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom