Rod Carey Pete Lembo Game Thread | The Boneyard

Rod Carey Pete Lembo Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ball State features a QB who is very similar skills wise to Boyle. He was not highly recruited but Lembo has coached him up and he is now a finalist for the Unitas award and a pro prospect.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Man, I really like Ball State. They might be my second favorite team this season. If we end up with Lembo as our next head coach, then I'll be really excited.

Reaction Score
Interesting game. NIU looks dangerous every posession, but Lembo's guys aren't intimidated. A little sloppy at first but this could be a real good game despite the deep freeze.

Lembo's - 7 Carey's - 3 Late First NIU Driving

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Sounded as if ball st gets recruits with not such good grades according to announcer. Rb was state champ in nc twice but not many offers due to grades - in short that talent wouldn't be admitted here - so that asks the question is it talent or coaching??

Reaction Score
We need a builder, Lembo sure seems to be that with 3 stops as a head coach. I'm not sure that an OC or DC who is good with top talent at a top school but has never been a head coach is the answer. The issue of recruiting ability would seem to favor the coordinator from a top program but that will be up to Warde to determine. I would lean towards someone who is now a head coach. Both of these teams have offenses that function at a level we haven't seen around here in quite a while.

Reaction Score
Just looked up ball state recruits the last three years. Team is 90 percent two star and 10 percent three star. This guy can score points and his team is playing very well vs a 15 team in the nation. I would say from a up coaching perspective Edsall couldn't carry his jock strap.

Unfortunately other schools see what we see which purrs are chances of getting lembo low

Reaction Score
Interesting game. NIU looks dangerous every posession, but Lembo's guys aren't intimidated. A little sloppy at first but this could be a real good game despite the deep freeze.

Lembo's - 7 Carey's - 3 Late First NIU Driving
The winner of this game gets the UConn job or is the loser

Reaction Score
Except for the botch-up squib at the end of the half these teams look pretty sharp to me. Qb's aren't getting killed and I liked the way the QB and the team got to the line on 4th and goal no hesitation to sneak it in. Didn't have to wait for some grandpa to go through his binder full of plays.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just looked up ball state recruits the last three years. Team is 90 percent two star and 10 percent three star. This guy can score points and his team is playing very well vs a 15 team in the nation. I would say from a up coaching perspective Edsall couldn't carry his jock strap.

Unfortunately other schools see what we see which purrs are chances of getting lembo low

Every season we are one season closer to morons finally coming to grips with how good of a job Edsall did at UConn. Since you were the last Pasqualoni supporter - once you figure it out it's over.

Reaction Score
4th and 1 and the "Huskies" hold and the crowd goes wild. Just watching that gives me a gut ache.

I remember when.

Reaction Score
NIU 34 - 27 Ball State

What is it about this game that has me thinking about this guy?

Yep Keith Jackson!

Reaction Score
Lynch won this game with those 2 huge plays where he broke out of tackles and converted first downs.

Ball St very impressive though, Lembo definitely needs to be near the top of our list.

Reaction Score
Huh? Scored a TD but even with the odds about 500k to 1 those are better than zero if he ran the clock out. Onions!

Oh well pick 6 to end it. Still not sour on Pete. Lynch a difference maker.

Reaction Score
Oh well pick 6 to end it. Still not sour on Pete. Lynch a difference maker.

Yup Lynch was awesome. Both of those QB's are great and both are seniors, their respective head coaches might be wise to "graduate" with them. Strike while the iron is hot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every season we are one season closer to morons finally coming to grips with how good of a job Edsall did at UConn. Since you were the last Pasqualoni supporter - once you figure it out it's over.
tell me how he is up coaching Maryland right now. His two five star wr are out and his team is as flat as ours with more star talent. Edsall lost his mojo when he left storrs.

Reaction Score
Yup Lynch was awesome. Both of those QB's are great and both are seniors, their respective head coaches might be wise to "graduate" with them. Strike while the iron is hot.

Lembo was interviewed during the week about Northern Illinois. He discussed that his opponent has just upgraded FACILITIES and has a HUGE recruiting budget. Something he at BALL STATE does not have, nor will he ever be able to get at BALL STATE. Lembo also mentined the goal of his opponent, Northern Illinois with those two items, plus good recruiting, has the goal of becoming the Boise STATE of the MIDWEST.
I am thinking this: UCONN could be very enticing for the aforementioned needs of building a strong program. FACILITIES, ADMIN SUPPORT, $$$ to build recruiting, and FAN support.....as a step to the B1G, would like us to get back to 2010 results and become the Boise State of the East Coast and AAC as a stepping to get an B1G offer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
tell me how he is up coaching Maryland right now. His two five star wr are out and his team is as flat as ours with more star talent. Edsall lost his mojo when he left storrs.

Maybe the least shocking response ever. Has nothing to do with what happened here - the fact you think it does only further highlights that you don't get it.

Reaction Score
Maybe the least shocking response ever. Has nothing to do with what happened here - the fact you think it does only further highlights that you don't get it.
What I do get is that the next coach needs to be better than both of them

Reaction Score
I have been on Lembo forever. I love him. He's recruited at Dartmouth and Lehigh so I'm not worried that he recruits lower academic kids at Ball State. He's got roots in the northeast and he would have us playing at a high level with a huge chip on our shoulder right away. I'm just afraid that he'll get snapped up by some other bigger name program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What I do get is that the next coach needs to be better than both of them

If they get a coach that is better than 2 conference championships in four years they did a heck of a job.

Reaction Score
If they get a coach that is better than 2 shared conference championships in four years they did a heck of a job, and doesn't lose by 40 to the other "co champion"

FYP

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to wonder if defense if of any importance in the MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom