Rock | The Boneyard

Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to give Lubin a little thread for his effort in the few minutes he was out there. Playing against a much bigger offensive player who is able to hold the ball one handed while holding you off with the other isn't easy. But seriously Rock worked his bag off while out there and made some things happen physically. Nice job, think there's something there!

Reaction Score
I think we're better off giving Lubin minutes these days than we are giving them to Nolan.

Phil's minutes today were needed because of the situation and the God they call Okafor. But you have point otherwise, he's regressed!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Was pleasantly surprised by Lubin. Something he can build off of.

It's been a while, but I think this teams strength could be on the inside again (sans Boat).

Reaction Score
Hey - he outscored the entire Duke bench by himself! :)

Unfortunately he outscored our bench too + Brimah.

Reaction Score
I think we're better off giving Lubin minutes these days than we are giving them to Nolan.
agreed. Nolan is not giving us anything except drawing a couple offensive fouls. He is a junior so if that is what he is giving us at this point in his career - then you can not expect much else for the balance of the time he is here. MIght as well give Lubin a little time and see if he can not at least develop into a compentent rebounder.

Reaction Score
A bunch of other players have played against Okafor and didn't foul out in 13 minutes. Brimah is worthless against legit front courts. Fortunately he plays in the AAC and there are next to none of these.

Phil's minutes today were needed because of the situation and the God they call Okafor. But you have point otherwise, he's regressed!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A bunch of other players have played against Okafor and didn't foul out in 13 minutes. Brimah is worthless against legit front courts. Fortunately he plays in the AAC and there are next to none of these.

Blanket statements like this when talking about Amida Brimah are just absurd. The kid is incredibly raw and has improved a ton, but he's got a long way to go. Was he worthless in the NCAAs last year? He's going to have some high highs and some low lows, but saying he's worthless against legit frontcourts is just short-sighted.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Blanket statements like this when talking about Amida Brimah are just absurd. The kid is incredibly raw and has improved a ton, but he's got a long way to go. Was he worthless in the NCAAs last year? He's going to have some high highs and some low lows, but saying he's worthless against legit frontcourts is just short-sighted.
Against teams with legit front-courts last year (Michigan St, Florida x2, Kentucky, Stanford, Louisville x3), he was useless offensively. Except @ Louisville where he got a few putbacks and alley oops. But against top notch front-courts he lags behind in strength, so he has to resort to fouling. In all of those games I mentioned, he had more than 3 fouls. He excels against weaker, smaller teams who cannot out jump him at the rim. This is a known fact. So far this year, against teams with even solid front-courts, he has been neutralized offensively.

The kid is going to be a stud (I think), but he has to get stronger. That labrum tear set him back this summer when he should have been lifting and consuming everything in sight.

Reaction Score
Yes, good statement. I am not sure, he has a thin frame. He needs 30-40 lbs. A game like last night is probably enough for him to realize the NBA thoughts have to wait a while.

Against teams with legit front-courts last year (Michigan St, Florida x2, Kentucky, Stanford, Louisville x3), he was useless offensively. Except @ Louisville where he got a few putbacks and alley oops. But against top notch front-courts he lags behind in strength, so he has to resort to fouling. In all of those games I mentioned, he had more than 3 fouls. He excels against weaker, smaller teams who cannot out jump him at the rim. This is a known fact. So far this year, against teams with even solid front-courts, he has been neutralized offensively.

The kid is going to be a stud (I think), but he has to get stronger. That labrum tear set him back this summer when he should have been lifting and consuming everything in sight.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yes, good statement. I am not sure, he has a thin frame. He needs 30-40 lbs. A game like last night is probably enough for him to realize the NBA thoughts have to wait a while.
Yep I agree. That's why he'll be at minimum a 3 year player. And to be honest, its better for him and for us.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He doesn't do a ton offensively, I agree, and if the user had said Brimah is worthless offensively then I would have taken less offense to it. But to say Brimah doesn't impact the game defensively against just about everyone is foolish.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
He doesn't do a ton offensively, I agree, and if the user had said Brimah is worthless offensively then I would have taken less offense to it. But to say Brimah doesn't impact the game defensively against just about everyone is foolish.
He has great potential on the defensive end, yes. However, if he gets stronger he'll be even better defensively.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He has great potential on the defensive end, yes. However, if he gets stronger he'll be even better defensively.

I agree with that. Don't think he has the overall defensive instincts that Thabeet had, but I'd expect him to be a pretty dominant defender next year once he puts on strength and learns to avoid the dumb fouls.

Reaction Score

I think we're better off giving [Insert name of anyone who has ever played basketball in any country at any level] minutes these days than we are giving them to Nolan.

Reaction Score
I think we're better off giving [Insert name of anyone who has ever played basketball in any country at any level] minutes these days than we are giving them to Nolan.

Again crap on Nolan all you want, he was pour best defender last night too as far as on body with Okafor. I know they all had help but he got 12 and 10 not 25 and 20. It seems people think the guy was great last night I didn't see it. And part of that was hard work on Okafor by Nolan.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lubin is incredibly raw and played flat footed. I was glad to have him on the team last night though. It will interesting to watch him develop.

Send in the Lubin!

Reaction Score
All Phil does is work his off every time he is on the floor- he gives 100%. If he is not the next Hilton we will have to live with a hard working player that will have a role on our team for the few seasons. Not everyone can be a star.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Enough of dishing Nolan. Nolan is always in position to pick up any lose balls the hit the ground as he is usually lying on his back.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lubin is incredibly raw and played flat footed. I was glad to have him on the team last night though. It will interesting to watch him develop.

Send in the Lubin!

A raw rock with no lube will cause the most damage.

Reaction Score
Enough of dishing Nolan. Nolan is always in position to pick up any lose balls the hit the ground as he is usually lying on his back.

That's hilarious!

He took the first charge on Okafor and it was a nice play. Took another when Okafor dished to an open Winslow in the 1st half and they missed it, would have been 2 and potentially changed the game. But hey they did't call it probably so people like you can make fun of the guy who works his tail off. Enjoy

Reaction Score
Have to give Lubin a little thread for his effort in the few minutes he was out there. Playing against a much bigger offensive player who is able to hold the ball one handed while holding you off with the other isn't easy. But seriously Rock worked his bag off while out there and made some things happen physically. Nice job, think there's something there!
Problem is Rock looks to be only about 6'4-6"5". Okafor was a good head taller than him. I agree though, the kid plays hard and with his big rear he should be able to move some people around in the paint.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Problem is Rock looks to be only about 6'4-6"5". Okafor was a good head taller than him. I agree though, the kid plays hard and with his big rear he should be able to move some people around in the paint.

Pretty sure you don't get recruited as a DI PF if you're 6-4 or 6-5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom