Rock Star Warde Manuel | The Boneyard

Rock Star Warde Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
by my calculation has been paid around $372,000 by the university so far. His accomplishments include crippling KO's recruiting chances for next year, failing to get us into a stable conference, and eating a ton of donuts.

Keep on rockin', Warde.

Reaction Score
The issue with the KO contract is really starting to get me, i think its the ACC situation thats making everyone more and more impatient with Manuel. Just sign the guy to an extension already and stop embarassing the university even more

Reaction Score
If you are going to blame him for us not getting into the ACC then blame Ollie for not getting more/better recruits. You people just don't get it and never will.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you are going to blame him for us not getting into the ACC then blame Ollie for not getting more/better recruits. You people just don't get it and never will.
how can ollie get more/better recruits when his contract is keeping kids away from committing bc they dont know if he is going to be here next year?

Reaction Score
He should have gotten behind KO, given him a great contract and introduced him to the college BB world as the next coming.
If we don’t believe in KO why should anybody else.
WM failed.

Reaction Score
how can ollie get more/better recruits when his contract is keeping kids away from committing bc they dont know if he is going to be here next year?

Yep, you don't get it. Let me help. At the end of your sentence add, "and similarly..........."

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
As someone who has read almost every article about the selection of LV vs. UC by the ACC, many of the articles talk about how Louisville's AD cancelled his Bahamas trip and stayed home to lobby. Showed how LV wanted it more. Ours ate donuts on a cushy trip where he was incommunicato. Which showed more desire and forethought? Who did a better job. Who showed any desire?

Hard to defend his actions so far.

Reaction Score
Signing Ollie now to a long term contract will help. But the reality is, given our situation with the Big East, is that we'll be recruiting a different level of talent. No top flight recruit is coming to UConn to play Tulane, SMU etc. We're between a rock and a hard place and it isn't going to go away. Same goes for football recruiting.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
While I'm sure that Manuel was involved in the discussions (if there were any) with the ACC, I don't think he deserves any of the blame. He hasn't been at UConn long enough to change the athletic department to make it any more attractive to the ACC. Manuel can't take us out of the New England market and he can't expand our football stadium or make more people pay attention to UConn football in a year...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I gotta ask...where is the donut teasing coming from. Was he caught on camera swallowing a glazed crueller or something? Or is this just a fat reference people think is funny?

Reaction Score
Donuts has failed to energize the UConn fan base, never mind the ACC. He's handled the KO situation poorly (why not just give a longterm contract with a cheap buyout?), he does not communicate with the fanbase, he makes lots of gaffes when speaking (e.g. "monitoring the situation", "obviously I'm biased"). I've seen no tangible improvement in our marketing. Still no radio coverage in Fairfield. 2014 OOC schedule for football is a mystery and we have not heard of any big time basketball games on the horizon. I know its been less than a year, but a lot of these things do not require a long time to implement.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How can I answer a question about something that can be neither proven nor disproven AND SIMILARLY...........
theres been multiple articles that have been posted on this board saying how recruites love ollie but the uncertainty of his contract is pushing them away... just like borges said we should never lose recruits to pc

Reaction Score
This dude has done nothing seriously, by Monday he needs to fire HCPP and give Ollie his contact. He needs to be more aggressive whatever it is Cincy is doing to better their athletic programs we need to do it, we need more donors go talk to dunkin donuts, burger king the bmw dealership in darien? the greek lady in norwalk who cashes in 2,000 dollars worth in cans every week,or whoever just make it happen.. shoot!

Reaction Score
How do we know Manuel was incommunicado at the basketball tournament? I agree that he should have been back here, if for nothing other than appearances sake, but did he shut himself off from phone, email, Skype, cell phone, ham radio, carrier pigeon, etc contact from the mainland?

Reaction Score
We're between a rock and a hard place and it isn't going to go away. Same goes for football recruiting.

Maybe this is the basketball fan in me speaking, but I feel like in this whole fiasco, football is more a perpetrator than a victim.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I gotta ask...where is the donut teasing coming from. Was he caught on camera swallowing a glazed crueller or something? Or is this just a fat reference people think is funny?
Fat guys + donut references = comedy gold. You can't not make the donut reference, it's obligatory.

Reaction Score
How do we know Manuel was incommunicado at the basketball tournament? I agree that he should have been back here, if for nothing other than appearances sake, but did he shut himself off from phone, email, Skype, cell phone, ham radio, carrier pigeon, etc contact from the mainland?

That's not good enough when your entire AD and the University is at a crucial juncture in it's history. Nobody would have remembered that tournament had we gotten an invite. Now they will but for reasons of judgement. Some things just don't look good.

055_bush_katrina_comp.jpg

Reaction Score
Signing Ollie now to a long term contract will help. But the reality is, given our situation with the Big East, is that we'll be recruiting a different level of talent. No top flight recruit is coming to UConn to play Tulane, SMU etc. We're between a rock and a hard place and it isn't going to go away. Same goes for football recruiting.

Speaking purely about basketball, if this applies to us then doesn't it have to apply to every other Big East school too? Do you think Georgetown, Memphis, Nova, and everyone else will see a recruiting decline as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom