Rock Bottom | The Boneyard

Rock Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somebody please post something to cheer me up. Hard to believe we are stuck with a bunch of misfits. How much worse can it get? The athletic program will fade away if it remains in this disaster. Somebody throw me a bone

Reaction Score
You are right. This is pretty much rock bottom. Which means we cannot go any lower. That's the good news.

Reaction Score
Seriously I want answers - I want to hear from fat ass manuel what we are doing about the situation. We are UCONN.

Reaction Score

Clearly andrew is alluding to the fact that if DMX can bounce back from crack addiction and federal prison time to recite the greatest XMAS ditty since Gradma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer...uconn can get into a conference.

Reaction Score
Seriously I want answers - I want to hear from fat ass manuel what we are doing about the situation. We are UCONN.

The only problem is so far everyone outside of CT believes, We are UCAN"T.

Reaction Score
Somebody please post something to cheer me up. Hard to believe we are stuck with a bunch of misfits. How much worse can it get? The athletic program will fade away if it remains in this disaster. Somebody throw me a bone

Here... Now stop whining and go to bed.

alba.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm watching Rudolf with my daughter. Maybe, if we are lucky, a deer, an elven dentist and a failed prospector will be able to talk Santa into rescuing us. But then again, we lack a powerful winged lion to help us. Hmm...mascot change perhaps?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll take a stab at it:

1) Even though we lost a hall of fame coach in men's basketball and have a rookie head coach with half the roster talent left from the previous year, we are 7-2 in men's hoops and have secured two more high-level recruits for next year (Facey, Samuels), despite all the turmoil.

2) The women's bball team is a national juggernaut, and quite like the honey badger, it doesn't give a what conference it's in! It just keeps plowing over ranked teams.

3) Football's worst year in recent memory was last year at 5-7. Yet we still have a record number of three-star athletes committed to this year's recruiting class, also despite the turmoil. The schedules of the new Big East (for as long as we are in it) should allow for higher win totals and more ability to showcase our program in the rankings and in bowls (albeit lower tiered bowls). This will continue to build our reputation.

4) Both men's and women's soccer teams should even further their domination in the new conference, in the absence of St. John's, Georgetown, ND, and the Ville.

5) Academically, the university is at an all-time high, and we are projecting possible AAU membership around 2015.

6) If all the football members currently in the NBE stay together, we should still experience a slight increase in revenue from this current contract (or at the very least, "even money"). We will not lose the money we are currently receiving, and unlike other small private institutions, the state of Connecticut will back us up accordingly.

7) We still have one of the top facilities in the country for football on campus, and we are getting ready to build one of the top facilities for basketball to match, insuring the next generation of student-athlete will give us true consideration for school of choice.

I hope you all feel a little better with that. The best part is that it's all true, so hang in there, Husky Nation!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll take a stab at it:

1) Even though we lost a hall of fame coach in men's basketball and have a rookie head coach with half the roster talent left from the previous year, we are 7-2 in men's hoops and have secured two more high-level recruits for next year (Facey, Samuels), despite all the turmoil.

2) The women's bball team is a national juggernaut, and quite like the honey badger, it doesn't give a what conference it's in! It just keeps plowing over ranked teams.

3) Football's worst year in recent memory was last year at 5-7. Yet we still have a record number of three-star athletes committed to this year's recruiting class, also despite the turmoil. The schedules of the new Big East (for as long as we are in it) should allow for higher win totals and more ability to showcase our program in the rankings and in bowls (albeit lower tiered bowls). This will continue to build our reputation.

4) Both men's and women's soccer teams should even further their domination in the new conference, in the absence of St. John's, Georgetown, ND, and the Ville.

5) Academically, the university is at an all-time high, and we are projecting possible AAU membership around 2015.

6) If all the football members currently in the NBE stay together, we should still experience a slight increase in revenue from this current contract (or at the very least, "even money"). We will not lose the money we are currently receiving, and unlike other small private institutions, the state of Connecticut will back us up accordingly.

7) We still have one of the top facilities in the country for football on campus, and we are getting ready to build one of the top facilities for basketball to match, insuring the next generation of student-athlete will give us true consideration for school of choice.

I hope you all feel a little better with that. The best part is that it's all true, so hang in there, Husky Nation!

One more.

8) it appears we still have 27 months to escape this fate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
When everyone says you can't, you can. And UConn has won the national championship...

Man 1999 was a long time ago

Wow I did not realize that! So I guess that means we can not have our choice of any conference we want? Silly me for not relizing that.

Reaction Score
You should work in PR for the school, I heard the school as one of those depts but they are invisible.

I'll take a stab at it:

Reaction Score
We are nowhere near rock bottom.

We reached rock bottom and then took an elevator down 24 stories.

Reaction Score
comeon Busslaw, stay positive, maybe you need to re-read Fleudsplicon's post again....

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We've passed rock bottom and are now in the gooey portion of the Earth's outer core...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom