Road To Redemption | The Boneyard

Road To Redemption

Reaction Score
We all know our program is a weird mixture of disaster and complete panic mixed with a weird irrational sense of UConn hope. Our fan base is split down the middle akin to liberals and conservatives in the USofA. We all want the same thing, a return to consitant excellence. We just have different views of where we are and what it'll take to get there. We spend 90% of our time on here talking about the things we dont agree about. It's time we just get behind the guys we have and all agree on one thing, just one. Thats that we are all rooting like hell for them to succeed next yr, our program depends on it, KO depends on it, and Calhoun's yrs of labor depend on it. We've panicked and complained long enough. Im a big believer in positive energy creates positive atmospheres which creates positive results. There is a proverbial dark cloud hanging over this program and KO, the players, the staff and all of us are to blame. Now the blame isnt evenly distributed, BUT there is nothing like that 6th man when a team is fighting for their relevance. We need to get behind this team this yr whether we believe or not. Because the empire that was built in Storrs depends on it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nothing we say on here matters, not one thing. There isn't a recruit who doesn't commit here because some people don't believe in coach. There isn't a coach who changes their strategy because we criticize it. I look forward to the next positive event so we can celebrate, but as of right now, there's not much to be positive about.

Reaction Score
We all know our program is a weird mixture of disaster and complete panic mixed with a weird irrational sense of UConn hope. Our fan base is split down the middle akin to liberals and conservatives in the USofA. We all want the same thing, a return to consitant excellence. We just have different views of where we are and what it'll take to get there. We spend 90% of our time on here talking about the things we dont agree about. It's time we just get behind the guys we have and all agree on one thing, just one. Thats that we are all rooting like hell for them to succeed next yr, our program depends on it, KO depends on it, and Calhoun's yrs of labor depend on it. We've panicked and complained long enough. Im a big believer in positive energy creates positive atmospheres which creates positive results. There is a proverbial dark cloud hanging over this program and KO, the players, the staff and all of us are to blame. Now the blame isnt evenly distributed, BUT there is nothing like that 6th man when a team is fighting for their relevance. We need to get behind this team this yr whether we believe or not. Because the empire that was built in Storrs depends on it.
Sorry but none of us are to blame. Ollie is paid over 3 million dollars to put the best team possible on the court and many on this board shell out hard earned bucks to support the team.

Whether people want to wave the pom poms and say everything will be just fine or if people call out the reality of the situation it won't change a single thing about recruiting, on court performance or Ollie's job security.

Reaction Score
Nothing we say on here matters, not one thing. There isn't a recruit who doesn't commit here because some people don't believe in coach. There isn't a coach who changes their strategy because we criticize it. I look forward to the next positive event so we can celebrate, but as of right now, there's not much to be positive about.
I think it's absurd to think that high school students (and their parents) who are being recruited by a program don't:
A. Read fan forums that have threads created with their names in them.
B. Become affected by the opinions of fans in said forums.
C. Have those opinions and fan behavior impact their decision in some way.

I'm not saying that this is something that makes the difference for any particular recruit. I am not saying that our fans should change their perspective because they don't want a player to get a bad view of our program. Voice whatever you feel. The coaches have a job to do, and the fans have a job to do. The coaches need to overcome fan negativity with confident direction. But it's dumb to think that the doom and gloom perspective of our fan base this off season doesn't have an impact on our current and prospective players (and their fathers) when it comes to how they perceive the school and program.

Reaction Score
Thats naive. If rakim lubin's mom can find thw boneyard what makes you think young kids cant find it. You type in "uconn basketball forum" on google and the boneyard is the first option. Recruits read the boneyard as do players. And while it may not ultimately decide their decision is contributes to the dark cloud over the program. When national writers are trashing our coach its one thing, but when you see the fan base doing it you get a sense of "dumpster fire" or "dysfunction" ie tom crean and indiana. Nothing a sports writer said held a ounce of the weight as 10 fans saying fire crean under a comment. Whether you want to believe it or not what we post effects perception

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thats naive. If rakim lubin's mom can find thw boneyard what makes you think young kids cant find it. You type in "UConn basketball forum" on google and the boneyard is the first option. Recruits read the boneyard as do players. And while it may not ultimately decide their decision is contributes to the dark cloud over the program. When national writers are trashing our coach its one thing, but when you see the fan base doing it you get a sense of "dumpster fire" or "dysfunction" ie tom crean and indiana. Nothing a sports writer said held a ounce of the weight as 10 fans saying fire crean under a comment. Whether you want to believe it or not what we post effects perception

The vast majority of posters "trashing" the program are simply reacting to what they see unfolding. Very few people are just unconditionally trashing us for no reason. The overwhelming majority of news related to our program over the last 12 months has been negative.

Is that because of the boneyard? losing to Wagner, NEU, and ECU is the boneyard fault? Enoch, Jackson, and Durham leaving is our fault? MAL de-committing is our fault? come on man.

There has to be some actual good news to be positive about. When Anderson committed there was a lot of positive sentiment. The Chillious hire was met with rave reviews.

What would you like us to be happy about? We just finished our worst season in 30 years and now have a 9 man roster with basically two guys who played last year. And cant get anybody new to commit despite endless available PT.

Trust me, I want to believe. But I cant just make things up in my head. That is called being delusional.

Reaction Score

As nice and fluffy as this sounds its completely idiotic! Maybe we should fill Gampel and XL center next year and pray for wins before the season??? Talent and hard work wins games on the court, not positive vibes!We're just a bunch of fans giving opinions that mean nothing to wins and loses at the end of the day.

Yes the programs history is very positive but at this moment I cant see what is positive about the future. KO has such a stank of loser on him right now I'm curious to see how he can get it off. Losing record, losing players, losing recruits, that's a lot to turn around.

My best hope is Adams becomes the next Shabazz or Kemba for this to turn around next year. That's asking a lot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We didn't cause the problems and we can't fix them.

I also don't plan on pretending that they don't exist just to create a warmer, fuzzier message board environment for people who want to play make-believe.

Reaction Score
Great!! Any and all support helps. TV Ratings also matter when it comes to P5. Stay Strong!
I'll be sure to keep a positive attitude in mind from my couch 150 miles away from Storrs, so that the Coach making $3M a year can beat East Carolina.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My problem with this idea, is we've only gotten two/three pieces of positive news since the season ended. Everything else has been bad/terrible, what can we talk about right now?

Reaction Score
As nice and fluffy as this sounds its completely idiotic! Maybe we should fill Gampel and XL center next year and pray for wins before the season??? Talent and hard work wins games on the court, not positive vibes!We're just a bunch of fans giving opinions that mean nothing to wins and loses at the end of the day.

Yes the programs history is very positive but at this moment I cant see what is positive about the future. KO has such a stank of loser on him right now I'm curious to see how he can get it off. Losing record, losing players, losing recruits, that's a lot to turn around.

My best hope is Adams becomes the next Shabazz or Kemba for this to turn around next year. That's asking a lot.
Positive vibes indeed affect winning. Ita why teams constantly preach about creating a good culture within the team or program. Don't bw naive

Reaction Score
We didn't cause the problems and we can't fix them.

I also don't plan on pretending that they don't exist just to create a warmer, fuzzier message board environment for people who want to play make-believe.
So anyone who doesnt agree with the almighty fishy is playing makw believe? Condescending remarks like that are how we end up talking past each other. I clearly stated thaf the negativw cloud hanging over thw program is indeed partially(no matter how small it maybe) the fault of all of those who constantly spew nwgative things every chance they get. If you dont aee how a recruits excitment about UConn can be absolutely destroyed by visiting the boneyard then you sir are the one playing make believe

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So anyone who doesnt agree with the almighty fishy is playing makw believe? Condescending remarks like that are how we end up talking past each other. I clearly stated thaf the negativw cloud hanging over thw program is indeed partially(no matter how small it maybe) the fault of all of those who constantly spew nwgative things every chance they get. If you dont aee how a recruits excitment about UConn can be absolutely destroyed by visiting the boneyard then you sir are the one playing make believe

You act like this is a UConn specific problem. Have you ever read another programs forum?

Reaction Score
My problem with this idea, is we've only gotten two/three pieces of positive news since the season ended. Everything else has been bad/terrible, what can we talk about right now?
I find plenty of things to talk about. We happen to have 3 or 4 very good players next yr. We wont stink .

Reaction Score
You act like this is a UConn specific problem. Have you ever read another programs forum?
Go read Kentucky's msg board. Polar opposite. The only board comparable in negativity to the boneyard is cuse's board. And look at their situation...

Reaction Score
I have no idea what that means. You seem to tho so i'll differ to you on that
Unless you are a Nielsen home, it doesn't matter what you are watching on your TV.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize our negativity was the driving force behind our lackluster recruiting. Maybe KO should get on here and ask us to stop.
Putting words in my mouth is not becoming of you. Please share with everyone where i said what we post is "the driving force" behind anything. This is why we cant have coherent honest conversation, because all ppl care about is winning the "argument". Saying that fans being down on the program and making it known constantly 24/7 how pathetic our coach is and how much our injury prone players suck on a public forum that any recruit who knows how to use google can find effects the perception of the program is not far fetched. Its actually likely. Rodney Purvis clearly knew what the boneyard was as did rakim lubins MOM! A top 100 teenage recruit who loves his new found attention is bound to find the boneyard and other forums like it. And for you to insinuate that anyone who points out that obvious reality is the one who needs a reality check is ridiculous. I went out of my way to make a post that we could all for the most part agree on. Even the most positive all inclusive post on the boneyard wasnt immune to the negativity.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have no idea what that means. You seem to tho so i'll differ to you on that

Nielsen uses a small sample of homes that log their TV viewing. The extrapolate the small percentage of users to reflect the population. Like a political pole come election season.

Meaning, you can probably save money at your house by turning off all 6 TVs on ESPN when UConn is playing as it doesn't affect the ratings for cable TV.

Reaction Score
Nielsen uses a small sample of homes that log their TV viewing. The extrapolate the small percentage of users to reflect the population. Like a political pole come election season.

Meaning, you can probably save money at your house by turning off all 6 TVs on ESPN when UConn is playing as it doesn't affect the ratings for cable TV.
Ok gotcha good to know. I've been decieved all these yrs. Smh

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

What do political polish people do come election season?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What do political polish people do come election season?

30% of Americans support X.
50% of Americans support Y.
20% of Americans support Z.

*Source Quinnipiac poll; 2,500 people surveyed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom