OT: - RJ Hampton (2020 Top 5) reclassifies to 2019 | The Boneyard

OT: RJ Hampton (2020 Top 5) reclassifies to 2019

Reaction Score
Memphis is the crystal ball favorite.

Five-star guard RJ Hampton to reclassify to 2019
Now Hampton’s attention turns to which college he wants to attend in the fall. His list, according to his father, currently sits at four.

“It’s going to be Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and we took off Duke and added Texas Tech,” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

“Beard is one of the great minds and he what he’s done with less, and I’m thinking what can he do if he gets more,” he added. “Beard was the first to call him when they could call juniors at midnight.”

Hampton has already taken official visits to Memphis (Sept. 13), Kentucky (Oct. 12) and Kansas (Dec. 14). He’s yet to schedule any new visits.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m just happy it’s not duke or unc.

Reaction Score
They have scholarships open in part because Enoh and Jones transferred out. On my count, the have 10 players with scholarships.

Currently, this team is looking bigs and guard deep but low on 2/3 type players:

If season started today:

Lineup:
Lomax, Harris, Jeffries, Maurice, Wiseman
Bench bigs: Dandridge, Thomas
Bench wings: Boyce, Wingett
Bench guard: Baugh

Crazy how they still could add Hampton, Watford, Precious and Quinones. Let's say they add the first 3 and their lineup could be:

Lineup: Harris, Hampton, Precious, Watford, Wiseman
Bench bigs: Maurice, Dandridge, Thomas
Bench wings: Boyce, Wingett
Bench guards: Lomax, Baugh

Insane.

Reaction Score
They were +8000 15 days ago and now currently +6000 to win the whole thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just read about this on Twitter and somehow had hope that it might help us with Precious. If they have two more ships, it could be the opposite as they potentially assemble a mini dream team of sorts.

Reaction Score
I just read about this on Twitter and somehow had hope that it might help us with Precious. If they have two more ships, it could be the opposite as they potentially assemble a mini dream team of sorts.

Yup. I actually think it's better if Memphis misses on Hampton.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yup. I actually think it's better if Memphis misses on Hampton.

This is one where we need that "angry" response they have on Facebook instead of "like". :mad:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Penny has the name, the history, the AAU connections and has Memphis wrapped around his finger
Most kids think he is awesome and buy into what he tells them and his vision
Whether he can pull it off in terms of wins and losses and post season success is a whole different story
As many have said about Duke, UK, etc - with the talent Penny has, a child could coach that team to win.
We will see
Not sure if Penny amassing all this talent is bad for UConn or the AAC - it will be for the conference if he can't win with them

Reaction Score
Penny has the name, the history, the AAU connections and has Memphis wrapped around his finger
Most kids think he is awesome and buy into what he tells them and his vision
Whether he can pull it off in terms of wins and losses and post season success is a whole different story
As many have said about Duke, UK, etc - with the talent Penny has, a child could coach that team to win.
We will see
Not sure if Penny amassing all this talent is bad for UConn or the AAC - it will be for the conference if he can't win with them

You aren't sure if Memphis getting top talent is good for the American? This has be one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on this board. And that is saying something.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The simplicity of winning with a bunch of freshmen is so overstated in college basketball.
Time and time again it has been proven that # of talented freshmen does not correlate to championships.

Reaction Score
The simplicity of winning with a bunch of freshmen is so overstated in college basketball.
Time and time again it has been proven that # of talented freshmen does not correlate to championships.
Depends what you define winning as. Teams that are stacked with five star freshman like recent Duke and Kentucky teams as far as I remember tend to stay in the top 10 throughout most of the year. Winning the tournament is incredibly hard and requires a lot of luck no matter how good a team is. The simple truth is if this Memphis roster comes to fruition then they will be ranked in the top ten to start the season and I would'nt expect them to drop out of the Top 25.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom