RJ COLE on Collin Gillespie...who you got? | The Boneyard

RJ COLE on Collin Gillespie...who you got?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the last game Cole was ineffective on Gillespie. Gaffney came in and was admiral for a while. Then Cole returned and was better on offense yet still meh on defense.

We need quite the adjustment with this match-up tonight.

Thoughts?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the last game Cole was ineffective on Gillespie. Gaffney came in and was admiral for a while. Then Cole returned and was better on offense yet still meh on defense.

Thoughts?
Wasn't Jackson on Gillespie some last game?

Reaction Score

Thoughts?

This is a huge match up tonight

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We can lose this matchup and still win the game.

Reaction Score
I think AJ is salivating over the chance to shut down the conference PoTY. Curious to see how the refs call Gillespie's forearm push off.
They called it twice last night.

If they play 3 guards a lot again (Gillespie, Moore, Daniels) I think Martin should try to work them in the post like he was doing last night. I’d try to force Nova to play Slater over one of them as often as possible.

Reaction Score
Really hoping we can get AJ and/or some of our length and athleticism to stick to Gillespie. He hunts out Cole and gets him under the hoop. Obviously we need plenty of AJ for everything he does offensively. At minimum we could do some offense/ defense subbing late game. Hoping Danny has an adjustment for it earlier.

Reaction Score
Really hoping we can get AJ and/or some of our length and athleticism to stick to Gillespie. He hunts out Cole and gets him under the hoop. Obviously we need plenty of AJ for everything he does offensively. At minimum we could do some offense/ defense subbing late game. Hoping Danny has an adjustment for it earlier.
*meant plenty of RJ for all he does offensively

Reaction Score
Cole gets pushed around too easily, should be Jackson if not Martin.

Gaffney can hold his own, but there's going to be 25 other minutes where you need another body on him.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Wasn't Jackson on Gillespie some last game?
Andre could be The Answer tonight. He is a nightmare and I want Gillespie pissing his shorts seeing him.

Reaction Score
Our defensive game plan against Nova was beautiful last time. Not biting pump fakes, not fouling, forcing them to shoot contested outside shots. It all starts with taking away Gillespies penetration and post up game.

Reaction Score
Need a decent contribution from the bench tonight too. Starters are gonna be asked to do a lot less than 24 hours after their last game.

Reaction Score
I think AJ is salivating over the chance to shut down the conference PoTY. Curious to see how the refs call Gillespie's forearm push off.
It not just that he has the forearm push off, first he lunges into then defender at the instant of contact he pushed off and then a lot of times he will fall down looking to get the foul call. He is an offensive flopper.

Reaction Score
RJ just needs to stand his ground and not bite on head fakes. If AJ guards him, he really needs to stay grounded. He's the one that will try to jump out of the building to block him, and Gillespie knows it.

His move isn't rocket science .. bump, bump, bump, step back pump fake and lunge for contact. He's the type of player that will throw a head fake with one second left on the shot clock.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?
Admiral? I thought he was more Lieutenant. We need him to be more like Bridgadier General

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Jackson or Martin (or Gaffney when he's on the floor) should probably take CG, although Cole is moving his feet to stay in front really well. Once they get him on a hip down low, though, it's trouble.

But then the question arises, who does Cole guard? Moore and Daniels can take him inside as well. Even with Jackson or Martin on Gillespie, Nova may try to pick and get switches to get Cole back on him. Tough matchup no matter what. The key is really cutting off the drives inside. Don't let any of the three penetrate ... although they're all pretty darn good at it.

Reaction Score
You want salivating- take the guy who was criminally shut out from all three teams (Martin) and stick him on Captain Bully Ball. I'd love to see him try to get away with that crap on Tyrese. Martin will probably D up the Nova SFs but maybe we get to see that matchup a few times on switches.

Reaction Score
We all know what Gillespie does, he backs in, pump fakes about 7 times and then makes a layup. These are 2 very experienced teams that know everything about each other. Just comes down to who does it better tonight.

Reaction Score
They called it twice last night.

If they play 3 guards a lot again (Gillespie, Moore, Daniels) I think Martin should try to work them in the post like he was doing last night. I’d try to force Nova to play Slater over one of them as often as possible.
yes, 100% on point with the Martin post ups for profit.

Reaction Score
We all know what Gillespie does, he backs in, pump fakes about 7 times and then makes a layup. These are 2 very experienced teams that know everything about each other. Just comes down to who does it better tonight.
One of his other signature moves- usually on switches- is to run past the hoop, feign that he's caught in no-man's land, and bait the big to rotate away from the hoop to defend the pass. But instead of passing out, he ducks back under for the reverse layup. Did that at least a couple of times last night.

Reaction Score
I don't want Cole on Gillespie at all just to keep him out of foul trouble. Everyone needs to be available all game from here on out.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?
The refs have their eyes glued on Gillespie push offs. Called a few last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom