Rivals old and new: Under Travis Steele, Xavier figures to become an intense new series for UConn | The Boneyard

Rivals old and new: Under Travis Steele, Xavier figures to become an intense new series for UConn

Reaction Score
Continuing the series from Dom Amore.

“Obviously, UConn is a huge brand,” said Steele, 38, the youngest coach in the league. “It’s a terrific program with a very, very rich tradition, national titles, Big East titles, some incredible players have come through that program. It makes the Big East, which I already think is the best conference in college basketball, even that much better.”

For the non-Courant subscribers: Rivals old and new: Under Travis Steele, Xavier figures to become an intense new series for UConn

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“Obviously, UConn is a huge brand,” said Steele, 38, the youngest coach in the league. “It’s a terrific program with a very, very rich tradition, national titles, Big East titles, some incredible players have come through that program. It makes the Big East, which I already think is the best conference in college basketball, even that much better.”
Seems like the proper level of respect. I approve.

Reaction Score
He knows that they barely beat us last year, and we’ve only gotten better!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Continuing the series from Dom Amore.

For the non-Courant subscribers: Rivals old and new: Under Travis Steele, Xavier figures to become an intense new series for UConn

The list of coaches that guy has worked under is unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate (new) Big East. It is still an intense- physical league.

There are few "gimme" games.

Marquette, Butler and Xavier are difficult away games with packed houses of loyal fans.

Can't wait for the college basketball season to start,

Reaction Score
Hopefully we fare better there than we did at Cincinnati.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom