Rivalry week | The Boneyard

Rivalry week

Reaction Score
We all know about the power five rivalries. Who should the American schedule for rivalry weekend?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Um, I guess the obvious match ups. Problem is I have east-west cross over game below which wouldn’t really work.

UConn - Temple
USF - UCF
SMU - UH
Cincy - Memphis
Tulsa - Tulane
ECU - Navy (I guess)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Um, I guess the obvious match ups. Problem is I have east-west cross over game below which wouldn’t really work.

UConn - Temple
USF - UCF
SMU - UH
Cincy - Memphis
Tulsa - Tulane
ECU - Navy (I guess)
This makes the most sense but in reality, who cares?? This league consists of a patchwork of schools with little history against each other. Even the history they have is not rivalry worthy.

UConn and Temple played for a few years in the BE before Temple got the boot. Outside geographic proximity, who cares?

Cincy has conference history with Memphis from CUSA days but I'd guess that they'd say Louisville was their rival and Memphis was nothing more than a conference mate.

I think UCF and USF is the only one that has real rivalry potential. Both schools are closed together and are battling to become the 4th best team in FL, in terms of attractiveness. This game could be a good rivalry.

Tulane and Tulsa?? Not a clue about either school.

Houston and SMU have SWC history and could also become a rivalry. Just not sure if both schools see each other as rivals?? There are tons of Texas teams and SMU has a rich, and not rich, history.

ECU and Navy??? Nope...Navy will never have a rival in this conference. Obviously Army is huge. Notre Dame is as well and I'd guess that Air Force is up there too.

I know that they want to create rivalries but you can't force them. There needs to be animosity among the fanbase. That doesn't exist and won't in this conference. Fans have little day to day interaction.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see outside conference rivalry games occur during this week. I know BC wants to claim they aren't our rival but I'd guess they hate us more than Syracuse. (They'd never say it publicly).

I'd love to see us play BC or Rutgers on this weekend. It's not out of the norm to do it. Florida and FSU do it as do Clemson and SC. Louisville and UK do it too.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see outside conference rivalry games occur during this week. I know BC wants to claim they aren't our rival but I'd guess they hate us more than Syracuse. (They'd never say it publicly).

I'd love to see us play BC or Rutgers on this weekend. It's not out of the norm to do it. Florida and FSU do it as do Clemson and SC. Louisville and UK do it too.
You don’t have hate until you beat a team when something important is on the line besides pride. BC fans claims ND as a rival like some Uconn fans claim BC as a rival. Neither is true although BC did cost ND a national championship 25 years ago.

Reaction Score

UConn - Temple
USF - UCF
SMU - UH
Cincy - Memphis
Tulsa - Tulane
ECU - Navy (I guess)

You start with Navy/SMU (that’s why Navy is in the West)

USF/UCF
UConn/Temple
ECU/Cincinnati
Tulsa/Tulane
Houston/Memphis

I guess give them credit since they mostly have figured it out.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
UCF vs. USF is the only true AAC “rival game”

Outside that, we should have Rutgers, BC, Cuse, or even UMass this week.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
This makes the most sense but in reality, who cares?? This league consists of a patchwork of schools with little history against each other. Even the history they have is not rivalry worthy.

UConn and Temple played for a few years in the BE before Temple got the boot. Outside geographic proximity, who cares?

Cincy has conference history with Memphis from CUSA days but I'd guess that they'd say Louisville was their rival and Memphis was nothing more than a conference mate.

I think UCF and USF is the only one that has real rivalry potential. Both schools are closed together and are battling to become the 4th best team in FL, in terms of attractiveness. This game could be a good rivalry.

Tulane and Tulsa?? Not a clue about either school.

Houston and SMU have SWC history and could also become a rivalry. Just not sure if both schools see each other as rivals?? There are tons of Texas teams and SMU has a rich, and not rich, history.

ECU and Navy??? Nope...Navy will never have a rival in this conference. Obviously Army is huge. Notre Dame is as well and I'd guess that Air Force is up there too.

I know that they want to create rivalries but you can't force them. There needs to be animosity among the fanbase. That doesn't exist and won't in this conference. Fans have little day to day interaction.
So you don't like Temple as our "rival". What is a better realistic option?

If you say there are none, fine. Then deal with it and stop pouting. Life is all about making the best of what we have.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
UCF vs. USF is the only true AAC “rival game”

Outside that, we should have Rutgers, BC, Cuse, or even UMass this week.
SMU and Houston played against each other for many years in the Southwest Conference. There's also the Dallas vs. Houston aspect, and private vs. public.

It's not Alabama-Auburn, but there's a minor rivalry there. The fanbases don't like each other very much.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

The Big 10 and the ACC would never allow Rutgers or BC to play us Thanksgiving weekend. And those schools would never even consider it; they would laugh at the idea.

Now if we won some AAC championships, we could ask them without looking silly. But the answer would still be "no".

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
So you don't like Temple as our "rival". What is a better realistic option?

If you say there are none, fine. Then deal with it and stop pouting. Life is all about making the best of what we have.
Who says I'm pouting? I'm just pointing out reality. If you want to convince yourself that Temple is our rival, knock yourself out. I was pointing out a reality that there are no real rivalries in this conference outside of maybe USF-UCF.

As for a different option, I gave you some. You said that it would never be allowed to be BC or Rutgers, yet we played BC in late November two years ago. Pretty sure it's not a no way.

So I'm not going to sit here and pretend we have a rivalry in this conference. Most likely I'll be choosing doing leaves over watching this game. A rivalry doesn't cause that to happen.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Who says I'm pouting? I'm just pointing out reality. If you want to convince yourself that Temple is our rival, knock yourself out. I was pointing out a reality that there are no real rivalries in this conference outside of maybe USF-UCF.

As for a different option, I gave you some. You said that it would never be allowed to be BC or Rutgers, yet we played BC in late November two years ago. Pretty sure it's not a no way.

So I'm not going to sit here and pretend we have a rivalry in this conference. Most likely I'll be choosing doing leaves over watching this game. A rivalry doesn't cause that to happen.
Yes, there are no natural rivalries here.

If we were good, we'd have four rivalry possibilities (BC, UMass, Syracuse, and Rutgers). But we're not good, and none of them are in our conference. So that leaves option #5, Temple. I say let's make the best of it. They're in the way of us accomplishing what we want to do. Let's beat them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom