RIP To Davey Jones | The Boneyard

RIP To Davey Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"hey hey we're the monkees"

We're losin all the good ones left and right brothers... I used to watch the Monkees show when I was in elementary school ( the EARLIER years , like 1st grade )... Enjoyed that show

Reaction Score
"hey hey we're the monkees"

We're losin all the good ones left and right brothers... I used to watch the Monkees show when I was in elementary school ( the EARLIER years , like 1st grade )... Enjoyed that show
Remembering my youth fondly.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For those who might not know, one of the Monkees, Peter Tork, was the son of a UConn economics dean, Dean Torkelson. Peter grew up in Mansfield I believe.

Reaction Score
For those who might not know, one of the Monkees, Peter Tork, was the son of a UConn economics dean, Dean Torkelson. Peter grew up in Mansfield I believe.

and brother Eric was a heck uva running back for UConn in the 70's played abit for the Packers

Reaction Score
and brother Eric was a heck uva running back for UConn in the 70's played abit for the Packers
Eric Torkelson was not related to Peter Tork or to Dean Torkelson, who I thought was at Wesleyan anyway.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Dean Torkelson was on the UConn faculty when I was a student there in the 1960's.
And nice try with Eric Torkelson, but the Peter Tork thing is for real.

And we had a few deans who would have given Dean Wormer a run for his money.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's pretty sad. He always seemed like a young guy.

Reaction Score
Dean Torkelson was on the UConn faculty when I was a student there in the 1960's.
And nice try with Eric Torkelson, but the Peter Tork thing is for real.

And we had a few deans who would have given Dean Wormer a run for his money.

LOL, Smart fishes.

Reaction Score
Davey here is one for the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can admit that I collected Monkey cards. Anybody remember Lee Baby Simms?

Reaction Score
Let me guess again Edsall slated to transfer to the monkees. R.I.P. Davey fond Brady bunch memories.

Reaction Score
Just saw that Davey Jones died. Sad. Peter Tork's dad was one of my economics professors at UConn. He used to talk occasionally when prodded about his son and the rest of the Monkees. I remember him saying that Mike Nesmith was the best musician in the group and that Peter was good buddies with Stepnen Stills who somehow helped him get into the group. It was hard to believe he was the father of a Monkee, but I honestly wasn't a fan of the group. I cared more about getting a decent grade from him.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
About 8 years ago or so, I saw Mickey Delonze (sp?) sitting in a NYC restaurant. For those of us old enough to remember, he was probably the best known of the Monkees at the beginning because he had starred in a popular TV series as a kid, Circus Boy.

Reaction Score
The Monkees were a little before my time, but nonetheless I was very aware of them and liked some of their music and old reruns of their shows.
I agree with another 'Yarder who stated that Davey Jones always looked and seemed young. Very surprised to hear of his passing.
RIP Davey!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Loved the Monkees as a kid, and played in a 60´s cover band in the 1980´s in CT called, ironically, `Stepping Stone` (our bass player loved the Monkees and arranged an awesome medley of their hits that was the highlight of our opening set). Anybody remember us? We occasionally played at a Mansfield bar called the Balloon Saloon where UConn students used to hang out. THough actually as I recall the place was often empty!

So long Davey, you´ve caught the last train to Clarksville, and we´ll miss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom