RIP Stan Lee | The Boneyard

RIP Stan Lee

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was very sad to see this. He created a generation of characters / super heroes and fantasy worlds that millions of people have enjoyed for many years. I hope his legacy lives on for many generations to come...

Reaction Score
Marvel Comics genius Stan Lee died yesterday at the age of 95. He helped create a vast entertainment marketplace

A normally political cartoon in our local paper/pamphlet depicted Stan Lee being congratulated by St Peter at the Golden Gates for his vast and different works..

Reaction Score
RIP Stan Lee. Comic book Genius. How common are his autographs? I'm contemplating this set with his signature........ Birth Of Amazing Spiderman Ltd Ed. Box Set STAN LEE Signed Autograph SEALED 1997 | eBay

Stan Lee has signed a lot of stuff. It has only been over the last few years that his autograph has added value to items that he has signed, and that has been mainly certified material where his signature was authenticated. Authentication generally involves a personal representative of a 3rd party grading company witnessing a signature. Stan has been at many conventions over the past two decades for just that purpose. There is no shortage of authenticated and unauthenticated signatures.

For what it is worth, his signature is so unique it is easily recognizable.

Bottom line....I wouldn't get hung up on buying signed material for the sake of buying signed material. You will have plenty of opportunities to buy his autographed stuff....best not to buy when the market is overvaluing his signature because he passed away.

I'm a huge fan and was involved with the industry as a professional for 3 decades. During the 90s I owned the largest comic memorabilia company in America. Additionally, I was a professional consultant for the Christies and Sotheby's auction houses. I have had dinner with Stan on several occasions. Stan was a great guy, humble, funny and a pleasure to be around.

Stan did more to create what is Marvel (and prior to that Timely Comics) than anyone in the history of comics. The highest grades of his early creations (first Spiderman) are worth a million dollars plus now...which puts him up there with America's most notable pop culture icons.

Stan Lee is a genuine American Legacy. He will be missed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom