RIP Shannon Doherty | The Boneyard

RIP Shannon Doherty

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't understand why the us hasn't had a "we're going to put a man on the moon" type initiative to cure cancer.

I always get stuck at it seems like cancer can affect every part of your body- blood, bones, skin, brain, organs, etc. How do you find a way to stop each of those types of cancers with a reality that each type is going to require a different "cure".
Plus, we have the ethics and emotions of some of the more highly publicized cancer types aren't the most lethal.
Do you go down the path of spending the most money on the cancers that kill the most?
Do you go down the path of spending the most money on cancers which are easiest to detect and treat?
Do we spend the money on cancers which are least likely to come from lifestyle choice?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I always get stuck at it seems like cancer can affect every part of your body- blood, bones, skin, brain, organs, etc. How do you find a way to stop each of those types of cancers with a reality that each type is going to require a different "cure".
Plus, we have the ethics and emotions of some of the more highly publicized cancer types aren't the most lethal.
Do you go down the path of spending the most money on the cancers that kill the most?
Do you go down the path of spending the most money on cancers which are easiest to detect and treat?
Do we spend the money on cancers which are least likely to come from lifestyle choice?

The tech to treat one cancer is likely the same as what's needed to treat any cancer. Find a unique cell marker and hit it hard with a designer antigen.

Between CRISPR and RNA tech, most cancers at the very least will become as treatable as diabetes.

My only reservation in spending billions on cancer and heart disease is the fact both are mostly caused by poor lifestyle choice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The tech to treat one cancer is likely the same as what's needed to treat any cancer. Find a unique cell marker and hit it hard with a designer antigen.

Between CRISPR and RNA tech, most cancers at the very least will become as treatable as diabetes.

My only reservation in spending billions on cancer and heart disease is the fact both are mostly caused by poor lifestyle choice.

Big news dump last week you can Google suggesting up to 40% of adult cancer deaths could be eliminated by lifestyle changes.

Reaction Score
Big news dump last week you can Google suggesting up to 40% of adult cancer deaths could be eliminated by lifestyle changes.
That seems really really whack to me. I mean, Keith Richards is still alive. Children and adults who live healthy lives die of cancer. But I do get that smoking, diet, etc are big factors. Even if many people die because of poor choices, too many people die just because cancer sucks.

I don't know much about it but there seems to be many cancer research facilities all over the world. I don't think it's that we aren't trying hard enough to find cures.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when I first saw Heathers. I thought she was as attractive as it gets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom