OT: RIP Bob Reagan | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Bob Reagan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would like to note the passing of a big UConn basketball fan, Bob Reagan. I got to know Bob when I started working at Connecticut College where he worked as a clerk in the mail room. Whenever I had to mail something I always planned to be there a while talking sports with him, and it always started with his current thoughts about both UConn basketball teams.

I'm not sure if Bob ever posted on the Boneyard but I do remember him mentioning that one of his sons was a frequent poster here but I don't recall his handle.

Robert Joseph Reagan (1940 - 2014)

Region has lost its star of the show with Bob Reagan's passing Mike DiMauro/The Day (Oct. 5, 2014)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's a lot of winning in that recap - well done, Bob Reagan.

Bob's son is a very frequent poster, but it's for him to decide if he wants to make himself known.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I met Bob at Louie's Thames barber shop many years ago and we instantly became friends. We loved the Yankees and of course our Huskies-he always had thoughts on new recruits and I know he at least read the Boneyard regularly. A Great man who I will miss greatly as will many of us in SECT.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I echo the sentiments. One note: the "frequent poster" is definitely NOT a Yankee fan. That apple rolled all the way to Boston.

Reaction Score
I echo the sentiments. One note: the "frequent poster" is definitely NOT a Yankee fan. That apple rolled all the way to Boston.

I was VERY surprised to see that also.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words. He was my father. Tough few days for all and more to follow but was made somewhat bearable by the outpouring of love and support we have gotten. His wake was like a who's who in SE CT sports with Pete Walker and the Walker family, Dennis Long and the Long family, Howie Dickenman, and many many others. The great turnout was nice to see.

He used to post here back in the day but can't recall his handle---he became more of a reader only the last few years just to stay on top of UConn hoops news and recruits. Mike Dimauro's nice article really captures him...not sure but think Mike may post here too, on occasion...

I woulda been a Yankees fan like my father, mother, two brothers and basically entire family but I loved Yaz....big big mistake in choice until a decade ago....

But we had mutual love of UConn Hoops starting with going to many many games in the old field house in 70s....neither of us could ever imagine then we would become what Jim Calhoun turned us into....and Kevin Ollie has carried on....won't be same watching Husky Hoops and not talking about them with him at halftime and after each game...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words. He was my father. Tough few days for all and more to follow but was made somewhat bearable by the outpouring of love and support we have gotten. His wake was like a who's who in SE CT sports with Pete Walker and the Walker family, Dennis Long and the Long family, Howie Dickenman, and many many others. The great turnout was nice to see.

He used to post here back in the day but can't recall his handle---he became more of a reader only the last few years just to stay on top of UConn hoops news and recruits. Mike Dimauro's nice article really captures him...not sure but think Mike may post here too, on occasion...

I woulda been a Yankees fan like my father, mother, two brothers and basically entire family but I loved Yaz....big big mistake in choice until a decade ago....

But we had mutual love of UConn Hoops starting with going to many many games in the old field house in 70s....neither of us could ever imagine then we would become what Jim Calhoun turned us into....and Kevin Ollie has carried on....won't be same watching Husky Hoops and not talking about them with him at halftime and after each game...

Amazing thoughts although they are tough for now. Must be a proud guy MR to have a dad whom so many respected and obviously because he was such a great guy. As many of us have found out, it's one of the toughest times when he leaves us because he meant so much to us for so many years. But we have so many special moments to hold on to and you seem lucky enough to have even more than most. It never is easy but it eventually does become easier to understand although never perfect........so sorry again to you and your family!

Reaction Score

Thanks for sharing. My thoughts are with you and your family, GoUCONN.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Thanks for sharing, G0. Sounds like he was a great human being all around. Best to your family.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Bless you and your family GOUCONN. Sadly, I lost my father unexpectedly on Saturday morning and am going through your same anguish with my family right now. Im happy to hear/see that you are receiving the same outpouring of support that have been receiving here in Tahoe. Your father sounds like someone my dad and I would have loved to spend time with. I thought about posting the obituary I just completed but it felt weird putting it to a thread devoted to your wonderful father. Posting in this thread is just about the first normal thing ive done in the last 4 days and it feels good to do something other than cry and deal with all of the arrangements.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Bless you and your family GOUCONN. Sadly, I lost my father unexpectedly on Saturday morning and am going through your same anguish with my family right now. Im happy to hear/see that you are receiving the same outpouring of support that have been receiving here in Tahoe. Your father sounds like someone my dad and I would have loved to spend time with. I thought about posting the obituary I just completed but it felt weird putting it to a thread devoted to your wonderful father. Posting in this thread is just about the first normal thing ive done in the last 4 days and it feels good to do something other than cry and deal with all of the arrangements.

My condolences to both of you.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Very, sorry to hear that CA. My best to you and your family.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

My condolences to both of you. My uncle passed this week. He was the last of that generation on both sides of the family. He suffered physically his last 4 yrs. So his passing is a blessing. Some kid who was texting drove into his car and T-Boned it. Tough to recover for anyone but much harder when you're 98. What a shame. He was very active and alive up until that accident. Drove everywhere. RIP Uncle Sam.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry for your loss.

My condolences to both of you. My uncle passed this week. He was the last of that generation on both sides of the family. He suffered physically his last 4 yrs. So his passing is a blessing. Some kid who was texting drove into his car and T-Boned it. Tough to recover for anyone but much harder when you're 98. What a shame. He was very active and alive up until that accident. Drove everywhere. RIP Uncle Sam.
And yours. :(

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Jeez, what is it with this week? Condolences and my best, fleud.

Reaction Score
Wow it was a tough week. Just got back from a trip to PA to see this.....

Condolences to both fleudy and CAHUSKY.......and your famlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom