RIP Alex Trebek | The Boneyard

RIP Alex Trebek

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One of the more predictable deaths of 2020.

Jeopardy! and Trebek will stay in American lexicon with answers in the form of a question and the scoreboard style of categories. Think how many awful corporate training or school classes mimicked the Jeopardy! board.

For me the Jeopardy! board of categories, Price is Right "Closest without going over" and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire phone a friend lifeline are the lasting game show gimmicks crossing over in to the mainstream.

I'd put Let's Make a Deal and the trades as first runner up to the above three gimmicks.

And I'm already annoyed at all the cartoons and memes about Trebek which will make a play on Jeopardy! and I haven't even seen one yet.

Reaction Score
Sad to hear. Was expecting it though. My mom said he wouldn't make it to the end of the year. He sounded good, but his color was off.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is sad and even surprising news given he was looking pretty good during the last set of shows that were taped just a few weeks ago. Survival for stage 4 pancreatic is about 9% so there was at least some chance he might beat the odds.

Big shoes to fill for the next host.

Reaction Score
Jeopardy is an institution in the game show world, and Trebek's dryness suited it perfectly. He had a good run, another marker in the passage of time and Life.

Reaction Score
One of the more predictable deaths of 2020.

Jeopardy! and Trebek will stay in American lexicon with answers in the form of a question and the scoreboard style of categories. Think how many awful corporate training or school classes mimicked the Jeopardy! board.

For me the Jeopardy! board of categories, Price is Right "Closest without going over" and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire phone a friend lifeline are the lasting game show gimmicks crossing over in to the mainstream.

I'd put Let's Make a Deal and the trades as first runner up to the above three gimmicks.

And I'm already annoyed at all the cartoons and memes about Trebek which will make a play on Jeopardy! and I haven't even seen one yet.
Survey says!!!!

Reaction Score
The perfect host for that great show.
Talk about filling big shoes. I almost feel sorry fir his replacement.
He was a fighter no doubt about it.
Question The classiest host in TV
Answer Alex Trebek
RIP to a legend
Sorry, Who is Alex Trebek?

Reaction Score
Still dvr jeopardy every night. Jeopardy and wheel. of fortune have been in same time slot on channel 8 with the same hosts since 1984. How many shows can currently say that? I don’t think any. Rip Alex- no one like u. He did his last show on October 29. Gone. 10 days later. What a year for deaths. Incredible.

Reaction Score
Nice person. Beautiful Wife. He had a good ride. RIP.

Reaction Score
A class act. He always operated with sophistication, yet he remained relatable. Beloved by nearly everyone. A great legacy.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
One of the hosts of my favorite game shows, Concentration.

Been watching some Classic Concentration over my lunch breaks while working from home during Corona through the Pluto TV app. One of my best streaming finds of the year.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20201109-073328.png

Huge fan of both guys, and loved to read about how trebek was a big fan of the will ferrell SNL skits

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember his first game show "The Wizard of Odds". I tried out for Jeopardy in the mid-80's. No call back and I remember driving home and two answers I missed came to me. One was 4 LETTER WORDS: Road, fish, weapon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom