Ridgefield All-Stater Jackson Mitchell eager to make an impact at UConn (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Ridgefield All-Stater Jackson Mitchell eager to make an impact at UConn (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Ridgefield All-Stater Jackson Mitchell eager to make an impact at UConn

>>“I’ve always liked defense, I’ve become good at offense more in high school but I’ve always liked defense the most,” Mitchell said.

Six of UConn’s top nine returning tacklers are Connecticut natives. Mitchell and Bloomfield native Dillon Harris, a fellow linebacker who played at Lackawanna College in the last two seasons, will have a chance to give the 2019 defensive squad even more of a local flavor.

“High school is fun but I am excited to get onto a new level, new competition,” Mitchell said.

“I talk to them [the UConn coaches] a lot. Whenever it is an open period, they will come down to the school and say hi and check up on me. I am texting them and calling them a lot. We are talking, we are excited to get to school and get this program turned around. I think we are pretty close, I think we have the right guys and guys who are looking forward to being in that position and getting it back to where it was.”<<

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Mitchell's a big kid, saw him play a couple of times, seems bigger than what he's listed at. A man among boys was my take.
Interesting...when I saw him play only noticed him because I was looking for him. Wasn’t impressed

Reaction Score
Interesting...when I saw him play only noticed him because I was looking for him. Wasn’t impressed
Saw him play against Darien where he had 2 first quarter sacks and was relatively quiet after that. I also walked out of one of the games this year at the Rent behind him and he has a big frame. Looked bigger than the 215 he's listed at. He might not be an impact guy right away but 2-3 years down the road I look forward to seeing where he's at. Seems to have a good work ethic and wanted to come play at UConn before they offered him.

Reaction Score
Ridgefield All-Stater Jackson Mitchell eager to make an impact at UConn

>>“I’ve always liked defense, I’ve become good at offense more in high school but I’ve always liked defense the most,” Mitchell said.

Six of UConn’s top nine returning tacklers are Connecticut natives. Mitchell and Bloomfield native Dillon Harris, a fellow linebacker who played at Lackawanna College in the last two seasons, will have a chance to give the 2019 defensive squad even more of a local flavor.

“High school is fun but I am excited to get onto a new level, new competition,” Mitchell said.

“I talk to them [the UConn coaches] a lot. Whenever it is an open period, they will come down to the school and say hi and check up on me. I am texting them and calling them a lot. We are talking, we are excited to get to school and get this program turned around. I think we are pretty close, I think we have the right guys and guys who are looking forward to being in that position and getting it back to where it was.”<<
I can't wait to see him be our next big linebacker...I hope Matt King is telling him about conditioning...See him start as a freshman...and by the time he's a senior have him on the list for best defensive player...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well it’s interesting how that can work watching live HS football. I’ve watched New Canaan twice with its three P5 kids and came away completely underwhelmed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That’s high school. With the weight lifting programs and the coaching staff he will be great in college. I honestly think he will be good just needs time to learn.

Reaction Score
Well, now that he is commited and fired up lets post msg that make him feel welcome. Not a smart post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom