Ridgefield’s Jackson Mitchell earns start at LB for UConn (Doyle) | The Boneyard

Ridgefield’s Jackson Mitchell earns start at LB for UConn (Doyle)

Reaction Score

Backdoor access.

>>The recruiting pitch from UConn to Ridgefield’s Jackson Mitchell was simple. Play college football close to home, and with an emphasis on “play.” The rebuilding UConn program was populating its roster with young players, so there would an opportunity to get on the field early and often. Sure enough, it took all of six games before Mitchell ascended to the starting lineup for the Huskies.<<

>>“I’ve been impressed with him since he got here,” Edsall said. “He kind of worked himself into a position where you just see a guy getting better. He was on special teams and when he went in there in played (at Tulane), I thought he did a good job.

“Is he ready to play? Yeah. Is he going to make some mistakes? Yeah. But he gives you everything that he has, each and every play. It’s important to him. Likes to play. If he makes a mistake, it’s not going to be because of lack of effort or lack of trying.”<<

Reaction Score
Scott Lutrus 2.0... Love it.. Excited to watch this young man blossom over the next 3 1/2 seasons..

Reaction Score
Scott Lutrus 2.0... Love it.. Excited to watch this young man blossom over the next 3 1/2 seasons..
Not sure he has Scott’s speed but I see the comparison

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom