Ricky Moore's 2nd greatest game? | The Boneyard

Ricky Moore's 2nd greatest game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am watching select games from the 98-99 season and there was a string of really tough games in the middle of the year. One game I found to be really compelling was on 1/30/99 against St. John's. This was the SJU team with Artest, Postell, Thornton, and Barkley. This may have been from Jarvis' first year.

This was a game with some great match-ups (e.g. Freeman vs. Artest, Moore vs. Thornton), but the most interesting thing was the way that Ricky Moore stepped up and took over the game in the second half. KEA had had a hamstring injury and was not close to 100% and Rip was not having a good game.

The CBS team showed a list of the players that Moore had covered to that point and how the opponents all shot like 2-12 or the like. He was proclaimed the best perimeter defender in the country during this game.

Anyway, this was a classic game and if you want to get pumped up for the season, watch it and post about some of the great moments.

Reaction Score
I am watching select games from the 98-99 season and there was a string of really tough games in the middle of the year. One game I found to be really compelling was on 1/30/99 against St. John's. This was the SJU team with Artest, Postell, Thornton, and Barkley. This may have been from Jarvis' first year.

This was a game with some great match-ups (e.g. Freeman vs. Artest, Moore vs. Thornton), but the most interesting thing was the way that Ricky Moore stepped up and took over the game in the second half. KEA had had a hamstring injury and was not close to 100% and Rip was not having a good game.

The CBS team showed a list of the players that Moore had covered to that point and how the opponents all shot like 2-12 or the like. He was proclaimed the best perimeter defender in the country during this game.

Anyway, this was a classic game and if you want to get pumped up for the season, watch it and post about some of the great moments.
This game:

Watch from 1:03:00

Ricky s/b up on that Wall of Honor.

Reaction Score
He was huge in the first half of the 1999 National Championship game also. I'd say the Georgetown game and the Duke game are 1-2.

Reaction Score
He was huge in the first half of the 1999 National Championship game also. I'd say the Georgetown game and the Duke game are 1-2.
Without his first half, we might not of won that game 77 - 74. Yes!

Reaction Score
But the BE Dpoy was an orange shot- blocker. A few good blocks seem to count for more than does consistently great primeter D.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've started watching the earlier game mentioned and it has been great so far. Ricky on Iverson is fun to watch. I will reserve judgment as I expect he was better as a senior than freshman, but no doubt the game against Iverson was huge for Coach Moore.

My main point in bringing this up is that Ricky Moore's greatness can be overlooked. The game against St. John's is worth a watch, as are many games from that year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
But the BE Dpoy was an orange shot- blocker. A few good blocks seem to count for more than does consistently great primeter D.

I thought it was John Linehan from PC.

Reaction Score
Every time I watch that ending I am still scared Jerome Williams is going to make that put-back layup.
Ha! So funny, as ridiculous as it is, I essentially "hold my breath" at that point in the highlights, too!

Reaction Score
Good point! Awards are won by easily-recognizable stats....luckily for UConn, championships are won by effective play-good perimeter defense is pretty much at the top of that list. Our most recent title is proof of that!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Without his first half, we might not of won that game 77 - 74. Yes!

He was awesome in the second half too. W/o his defense we lose as well.

Hopefully, with their coaching added, Ricky & KO get on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom