Richie Springs brings UConn men's basketball title experience to Quinnipiac: 'He's a great, great kid' | The Boneyard

Richie Springs brings UConn men's basketball title experience to Quinnipiac: 'He's a great, great kid'

Reaction Score
Nice article on Richie in the Register. I'm very interested to see how he does at Quinnipiac. Mostly because he just always looked the part whenever he played and I'm curious to see if he can be a big contributor at a lower level.

"I feel like I can bring some of the things I learned last year to this team," Springs said, "and hopefully we can make it far this season, win the MAAC and hopefully make a little run in the NCAA Tournament, be one of the Cinderella teams. That would be really cool. It’s definitely possible. Watching those type of teams in the tournament, I feel like we can be that this year if we lock in and focus."

Reaction Score
"It was a bittersweet experience," he noted. "I knew it was going to be one of the last times we were all together." (the White House trip)

Yep.

Also, please let this happen-

Springs remains in touch with his former UConn teammates via group chat… He hasn't made the hour-long trip back up to Storrs the past few months, but plans to get up there — perhaps for the Huskies' First Night festivities in October.

Reaction Score
If Richie get minutes he will rebound the ball. He did it in very limited minutes in the BE. At Q he is a threat to be their rebound leader and maybe even contend for the league title on the boards.

One thing is certain. Richie was a class act that represented the best at UConn. Never a sniff of trouble from him and a great teammate. All the best to him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love this kid
Finally he can be relieved of being Andrew's bench mate and begin to play some basketball
I hope this move works out for him
Great kid from a really solid family.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
There were always a lot of questions about what he could contribute on the court, character and work ethic never in question. One thing he definitely has is a nose for the ball. I am really happy he will get some well deserved minutes at the D1 level.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I've been a Spring fan since the first time I saw him play. He always seemed to get involved quickly when he got a few minutes of game time. Tough being the odd man out. I hope he tears it up at Q.

Reaction Score
Nice article on Richie in the Register. I'm very interested to see how he does at Quinnipiac. Mostly because he just always looked the part whenever he played and I'm curious to see if he can be a big contributor at a lower level.

"I feel like I can bring some of the things I learned last year to this team," Springs said, "and hopefully we can make it far this season, win the MAAC and hopefully make a little run in the NCAA Tournament, be one of the Cinderella teams. That would be really cool. It’s definitely possible. Watching those type of teams in the tournament, I feel like we can be that this year if we lock in and focus."

Here's the alternate access way to read the article. It wasn't working yesterday.

Richie Springs brings UConn men's basketball title experience to Quinnipiac: 'He's a great, great kid'

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He reminds me of Gavin Edwards going into his senior year, in the sense that the short flashes Springs showed in minimal PT intrigued me. Edwards had a very nice senior season and while Springs probably isn't at that talent level, I will be following him at Quinnipiac as I'm interested in and rooting for him!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom