Richie Springs Academic Redshirt | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Academic Redshirt

Reaction Score
This was already known for a while if you looked at his Instagram

Reaction Score
Can he still play in a handful of games like they do in football or can he not participate whatsoever?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This was to be expected right?

It does rule out him being really good in practice though. If they could use him now they obviously would regardless of the competition.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the redshirt. He’s young and raw. Gives him time to acclimate to the college game. High upside.
Akok benefited, apparently, from his time on campus last year. Richie will have more. As long as it doesn't impact the rotation I think it is a good thing,

(Not sure it worth speculating about about, but academic redshirt makes me wonder if he is a partial qualifier. Mods feel free to delete this is you feel like the speculation is out of bounds.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we literally cannot have an ounce of excitement in this program without it getting shot out of the sky
1572474042182.png

Reaction Score
Hmmm..
I was hoping he’d get some experience this year but the staff obviously thought he wasn’t ready.
I guess it can be viewed as a positive that Polley,Akok and Whaley must be playing well and that Springs can still practice this year and come back next year being stronger and more ready to fit the system.Much like the route Akok took.

Reaction Score
(Not sure it worth speculating about about, but academic redshirt makes me wonder if he is a partial qualifier. Mods feel free to delete this is you feel like the speculation is out of bounds.)

In 2016, a new status could be applied to prospective student athletes, dubbed an academic redshirt. That year, the NCAA started enforcing new, stricter admissions requirements for incoming athletic freshmen. Under these new requirements, a student athlete who meets a school’s own academic admission requirements yet does not meet the NCAA requirement of a 2.3 GPA across four years, may enter school as an academic redshirt. This student can receive an athletic scholarship and practice with the team, but may not participate in competition. An academic redshirt does not lose a year of eligibility, and may later take an injury redshirt if needed. Finally, academic redshirts must complete nine academic credit hours in their first semester and may then compete in their second year, free of restrictions

Reaction Score
Maybe because we only have 10 scholarship players and if we have any sort of injury or suspension we will be hard pressed to not have a repeat of last year?
You can’t make decisions in fear of injury. If the kid isn’t ready he wouldn’t help anyway. The same ppl crying about this got on Ollie about not doing the same thing with Enoch. Hurley is making this decision with the future in mind. As he should. Whaley is the back up 5. Akok can spell us some time there as well in small lineup. Making decisions based on our previous ptsd is bad practice

Reaction Score
\
You can’t make decisions in fear of injury. If the kid isn’t ready he wouldn’t help anyway. The same ppl crying about this got on Ollie about not doing the same thing with Enoch. Hurley is making this decision with the future in mind. As he should. Whaley is the back up 5. Akok can spell us some time there as well in small lineup. Making decisions based on our previous ptsd is bad practice
We've had 3 years in a row get derailed by injuries. I'm fine with making decisions based on fear of injury

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom