Richardson gets release from Rutgers | The Boneyard

Richardson gets release from Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm calling BS on her father saying that it's due to style of play. It's not like they didn't know what style of play Rutgers played before she came. Also her HS team played a style much like Rutgers does...so whatever dude. It has nothing to do with that, and all to do with her playing time going forward, she knows she would had been riding the pine in favor of a better suited freshman.

It's nice to see that CVS doesn't put limitations on her transfers seeing as one of schools that she's looking at is a B1G school, as I know a certain coach stopped a player from transferring to a future ACC school.

Well I wish her all the best. Davis is the better of the two anyways, and she's staying. :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, the stats just say either that both players of the package should have known in advance this wasn't a program that would help them advance, or that they tuned out CVS and coaches. They both shot under 36% for the year, and Davis the one who's staying shot under 35% in FTs though she led the team in assists at 3.0 per game. Something just didn't kick in here, but when you have a school where no one averages more than 11 points a game, the horizon may well seem pretty limited

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
We’ll look for more of an uptempo style of play that suits her,” Frankie Richardson said.

Could dear old dad be part of the problem?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm calling BS on her father saying that it's due to style of play. It's not like they didn't know what style of play Rutgers played before she came. Also her HS team played a style much like Rutgers does...so whatever dude. It has nothing to do with that, and all to do with her playing time going forward, she knows she would had been riding the pine in favor of a better suited freshman.

It's nice to see that CVS doesn't put limitations on her transfers seeing as one of schools that she's looking at is a B1G school, as I know a certain coach stopped a player from transferring to a future ACC school.

Well I wish her all the best. Davis is the better of the two anyways, and she's staying. :D

And which coach would that be ?? :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We’ll look for more of an uptempo style of play that suits her,” Frankie Richardson said.

Could dear old dad be part of the problem?
the dad is always the problem when he speaks up for/on behalf of his child

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Just what style of ball would you say that RU DOES play? Jus wondrin.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Defensive. Why Davis is the more valuable - she excelled on the defensive side. I was told by someone who should know that CVS's preferred method of scoring points is in transition off of forced turnovers. Also put backs of offensive rebounds.

One of Richardson's weaknesses - actually shared with Davis - was claimed to be that they couldn't read the defenses and make the proper reads to put RU in its (admittedly limited) 1/2 court offense. This may have been highlighted this past year, as our defense was respectable, but not up to prior years' standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom