Richard Hamilton Highlights | The Boneyard

Richard Hamilton Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Fun to watch. Other than rekindling my abiding affection for Rip was the nagging question of why UConn rarely presses anymore. I loved watching the Huskies press full court. Calhoun's press was not a frenetic style more like a spider web or a vice slowly closing. KO has the athletes to do it. He wants 20 ppg on fast breaks. He would get 10 easy on turnovers from a press.

Reaction Score
Fun to watch. Other than rekindling my abiding affection for Rip was the nagging question of why UConn rarely presses anymore. I loved watching the Huskies press full court. Calhoun's press was not a frenetic style more like a spider web or a vice slowly closing. KO has the athletes to do it. He wants 20 ppg on fast breaks. He would get 10 easy on turnovers from a press.
I would LOVE to see some more press - we've got the personnel this year

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed these two. Subtle differences in Rip's game between yr 1 & 2. His trademark moving w/o the ball was becoming much more evident as a soph.
Both years though, he was such a sneaky-good offensive rebounder/putback artist.
But if he was here now, half the 'yard would be complaining that he was too skinny and needed to spend his off season in the weight room.

Reaction Score
@tcf15 you need to post these vids on Friday afternoon for the weekend. Many of us have ADHD (Attention Deficit Husky Disorder), and you are ruining workplace productivity.

Reaction Score
Really enjoyed these two. Subtle differences in Rip's game between yr 1 & 2. His trademark moving w/o the ball was becoming much more evident as a soph.

The light seemed to come on during the NIT run. That's when it became evident he would be special.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
You have got to think that Rip's decision to come back for his junior year was one of the most important points in UConn men's basketball history. If he doesn't come back, we do not make the 99 final four (most likely), we don't win the 99 championship. That one season got a couple big monkeys off our back and really set us up for the next 20 years.

Thanks again for the vids TCF!

Reaction Score
You have got to think that Rip's decision to come back for his junior year was one of the most important points in UConn men's basketball history. If he doesn't come back, we do not make the 99 final four (most likely), we don't win the 99 championship. That one season got a couple big monkeys off our back and really set us up for the next 20 years.

Thanks again for the vids TCF!
Completely agree - and honestly watching how mature his offensive game was even as a freshman - never mind as a soph - it's a minor miracle he stayed his junior year. If a kid in 2016 plays that well as a sophomore he's GONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom