Rich uncovers an info nugget.... | The Boneyard

Rich uncovers an info nugget....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
News to me... MoJet suffers from asthma.

Sophomore point guard Moriah Jefferson did not look like herself early on at Temple Tuesday. UConn coach Geno Auriemma thought she was playing too fast so he removed her from the game for a few minutes to give her an opportunity to regroup.

What Jefferson really needed was to use her Proventil inhaler.

LINK

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Sophomore point guard Moriah Jefferson did not look like herself early on at Temple Tuesday. UConn coach Geno Auriemma thought she was playing too fast so he removed her from the game for a few minutes to give her an opportunity to regroup.

What Jefferson really needed was to use her Proventil inhaler.

LINK

Geno actually mentioned the need for the inhaler in his post game presser. The segment was on the Temple web site.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just wonder if this would be a problem in Olympic play should she ever be named to a squad and/or in the pros/international play? I don't think they do drug testing for the age defined teams and obviously this is a medical issue but a lot of asthma medication includes stuff that is probably banned.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Tenn Nation just lit up with the possibility of contesting two years of UConn games with the NCAA!! Just kidding. :rolleyes: I think. This information makes MoJet all the more amazing. She is an absolute pleasure to watch every aspect of that game of hers.

Reaction Score
Just wonder if this would be a problem in Olympic play should she ever be named to a squad and/or in the pros/international play? I don't think they do drug testing for the age defined teams and obviously this is a medical issue but a lot of asthma medication includes stuff that is probably banned.

I highly doubt this will ever be a problem since there is an application process for inhaled steroids that help asthma but don't cause muscle growth. In fact "more than 20 percent of the US Olympic Team competing in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Games reportedly had asthma." Many of these athletes suffer from "athletically induced asthma" caused by extreme exercise. Here is an interesting article regarding it.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/health/Asthma-and-Olympic-Athletes-163964056.html

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sawx - thanks. Good info.
I remember the cyclist in the tour one year who was allergic to bee stings, got bitten, and had the choice between death and disqualification - the wimp chose disqualification!:cool:

Reaction Score

A Jefferson with asthma ... Should her nickname be Weezy?

image.jpg

Last edited:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Wow, amazing. That stuff can be really serious. We lost a wonderful student to it at Yale about 15 years ago. I'm sure they monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom