Rich: Olympics was 'most pressure I've ever felt' (Geno) | The Boneyard

Rich: Olympics was 'most pressure I've ever felt' (Geno)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"This was the most pressure that I've ever felt of anything I've ever done," Auriemma said. "It's like coaching at UConn. You win 90 in a row and some dope wants to know why we didn't call a timeout or why this kid missed a free throw. So when you do win, you go, `Boy, that's good. Let's get on to the next thing.' Basically, the feeling that I had after winning the Olympics was the same feeling I have at UConn if we go undefeated and win a national championship. It's basically the exact same thing.''

"It was a lot of fun for like three years and 11 months,'' Auriemma joked. "That was really enjoyable. But that one month you cram as many emotions and as many feelings and anything else you can think of more in one month than you do in the entire three years, (11 months) combined. People say this all the time ... Unless you're there, unless you're part of it unless you go through it, it's difficult to explain it.''

LINK

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
" ...pressure... Auriemma said. "It's like coaching at UConn. You win 90 in a row and some dope wants to know why we didn't call a timeout or why this kid missed a free throw... ''LINK

Everyone supports dope testing...
Coach Auriemma’s record remains my favorite dope test for critics.

Welcome back, Coach! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom