Rich: Making a 3 at MSG a memorable moment for Lawlor | The Boneyard

Rich: Making a 3 at MSG a memorable moment for Lawlor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“That’s unbelievable, isn’t it,’’ Auriemma said. “Did you see her reaction? I looked up at the scoreboard and I thought maybe the score was 78-77 and that was the game-winner, because that kid acted like that was the shot of the century. And you know what? That’s what sports are all about. A kid like that. You think last year that kid was sitting at home going, `You know what? Next year at Christmastime, I’m going to be at Madison Square Garden and I’m going to knock in a 3 on my only shot attempt.’ You’ve got to be crazy. The kid is living a dream. And God bless her, she deserves it because she works her butt off every day in practice. And the kids love her. The kids’ reaction was probably just as great as hers. That’s what you love about sports, when you have opportunities to see kids do stuff like that.’’

LINK

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I had the good fortune to be sitting 20 feet from her (thanks TJI) when she turned and reacted - I don't think I've seen a kid that happy in some time. Then I looked at the bench, and they looked like they were vying for "who's the happiest" honors, then I looked at Geno, and I don't think I've seen him that pleased since he gave Faris a hug. It was a great moment.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I had the good fortune to be sitting 20 feet from her (thanks TJI) when she turned and reacted - I don't think I've seen a kid that happy in some time. Then I looked at the bench, and they looked like they were vying for "who's the happiest" honors, then I looked at Geno, and I don't think I've seen him that pleased since he gave Faris a hug. It was a great moment.

The bench's reaction was reminiscent of the reaction to Heather's steal and layup in the national championship game.

Reaction Score
Who doesn't expect D.T., Maya or Stewie to make the play when needed. But somehow I get a tremendous amount of joy seeing players like Buck, TLaw make those kind of plays, even with the big leads and see the joy it gives them. To be surrounded by so much talent, busting your ass every day in practice, knowing you might get just a few minutes per game to make some impact, it is great to see them drain a bucket.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If you watch the video in my Journal News Saniya Chong link, you will see TLaw's shot and reaction.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
“That’s unbelievable, isn’t it,’’ Auriemma said. “Did you see her reaction? I looked up at the scoreboard and I thought maybe the score was 78-77 and that was the game-winner, because that kid acted like that was the shot of the century. And you know what? That’s what sports are all about. A kid like that. You think last year that kid was sitting at home going, `You know what? Next year at Christmastime, I’m going to be at Madison Square Garden and I’m going to knock in a 3 on my only shot attempt.’ You’ve got to be crazy. The kid is living a dream. And God bless her, she deserves it because she works her butt off every day in practice. And the kids love her. The kids’ reaction was probably just as great as hers. That’s what you love about sports, when you have opportunities to see kids do stuff like that.’’

LINK

Yes!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
500x373

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I think the guards belong to Shea... No wonder she is delighted.

It's like a Christmas present for Shea to see TLaw knock it down.

And a great screen by Stef to free her up...

Reaction Score
Same here Phil. Nice to see Shea so ebullient. She's so goal-oriented that it seems sometimes she isn't having any fun. It's good to see an occasion when she obviously is enjoying herself.

Reaction Score
Lets be thankful. It's the superb play of Stef, Breanna, Bria, Moriah, Kaleena, Brianna, Morgan, Kiah & Saniya that enables these wonderful moments to occur.

Reaction Score
It reminded me (us) of this:

Definitely a great moment. Being thousands of miles away, it still brought a huge smile on my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom