Rich get a little richer.... | The Boneyard

Rich get a little richer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
■ESPN will renew the Big Ten

ESPN will pre-emptively renew its Big Ten package earlier than expected. The conference will see a big increase in money, of course, but ESPN will not have as big a package of games.

I see the Big Ten putting a better package of football and men’s basketball games on Big Ten Network and shopping the rest to Fox Sports. The conference will wind up making $30 million a school annually from its media deal — a record new TV deal.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/12/16/Media/Sports-Media.aspx

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
■ESPN will renew the Big Ten

ESPN will pre-emptively renew its Big Ten package earlier than expected. The conference will see a big increase in money, of course, but ESPN will not have as big a package of games.

I see the Big Ten putting a better package of football and men’s basketball games on Big Ten Network and shopping the rest to Fox Sports. The conference will wind up making $30 million a school annually from its media deal — a record new TV deal.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/12/16/Media/Sports-Media.aspx

This is the 2014 Sports Media Prediction page. Unless there is some inside info this guy has, he is just saying what he will think happens.

Reaction Score
Speculation but a fairly safe bet that ESPN will:

1 - still strike a deal with the Big Ten for a set of T1/T2 inventory
2 - the deal will cover fewer games than in the past.

The expectation is that the T1/T2 to be mostly shared between Fox and ESPN, with BTN taking a cut of T2 and all of T3 content.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
lol..I merged a thread accidentally. Not sure how to fix it, so F it.

I've heard of drinking in moderation but never while moderating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom