Rich: Geno thinks KML okay with nat'l roster omission | The Boneyard

Rich: Geno thinks KML okay with nat'l roster omission

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I haven’t talked to her about it and she hasn’t said anything about it,’’ Auriemma said. “I don’t think she expected to be … There were no college kids invited other than Stewie. So I don’t know that it was something that she felt like she had been entitled to and didn’t get it. I think it’s more a reflection on how many pros and kind of how I wanted to limit it. You only have a certain number of days. But I think K is just interested in getting healthy and getting ready for this season. She was up here all summer working really, really hard. I’d rather have her up here. Absolutely.’’

LINK

Reaction Score
It seems to me like focusing on her game at UConn is probably the right step for Mosqueda-Lewis, given her health issues last year. She's got plenty of time to develop her game so that she's Olympics-ready in 2016 or 2020.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It seems to me like focusing on her game at UConn is probably the right step for Mosqueda-Lewis, given her health issues last year. She's got plenty of time to develop her game so that she's Olympics-ready in 2016 or 2020.

Agree completely. I want KML 100% and ready to kick ass in her senior campaign. She'll have more opportunities to represent Team USA.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"She was up here all summer working really, really hard.’’

LINK

In Genospeak, two "reallys" indicates he really means it.

And that's good enough to convince me.

Really.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In Genospeak, two "reallys" indicates he really means it.

And that's good enough to convince me.

Really.
No, it means he really, really means it.

Reaction Score
I love KML, but really IMHO, there is no way she belongs with that crowd at this point.

U

UCONNfan1

I love KML, but really IMHO, there is no way she belongs with that crowd at this point.
I tend to agree. Also I'm not sure she will be making the National team any time soon. At 6'0", she's not really big enough to play int he post and not athletic enough to play with other guards. I think she is phenomenal as a college player, but I don't know that her game will ever translate to the national team. But I'd love to be proven wrong!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I tend to agree. Also I'm not sure she will be making the National team any time soon. At 6'0", she's not really big enough to play int he post and not athletic enough to play with other guards. I think she is phenomenal as a college player, but I don't know that her game will ever translate to the national team. But I'd love to be proven wrong!
I see her as an option to replace Augustus in 4 or 6 years - but with a better three point shot.

U

UCONNfan1

I see her as an option to replace Augustus in 4 or 6 years - but with a better three point shot.
You will be.;)
I seriously hope both of you are right and I'm wrong. I guess I forget to think of her as more of a "guard" and consider her a wing instead. Trying to see how she would be better than Maya and Angel (and a healthy EDD) seems like a stretch, but if she's more of a 2-3, she could be a backup for Dee and Maya, more or less.

Also, I think I forget sometimes just how good she was her sophomore year - she was injured for parts of her junior year and had to 'come back' from the injuries, which I think impacted her total game. I'm betting you guys are right... And you make a good point about Siemone (and even Angel). She is less athletic, but stronger and a much better shooter as you mentioned. But wouldn't a healthy EDD be ahead of KML on the depth chart?

Reaction Score
Smart move keep her home and she gets in better shape and ready for 2014 and 2015 NC run......

Reaction Score
I seriously hope both of you are right and I'm wrong. I guess I forget to think of her as more of a "guard" and consider her a wing instead. Trying to see how she would be better than Maya and Angel (and a healthy EDD) seems like a stretch, but if she's more of a 2-3, she could be a backup for Dee and Maya, more or less.

Also, I think I forget sometimes just how good she was her sophomore year - she was injured for parts of her junior year and had to 'come back' from the injuries, which I think impacted her total game. I'm betting you guys are right... And you make a good point about Siemone (and even Angel). She is less athletic, but stronger and a much better shooter as you mentioned. But wouldn't a healthy EDD be ahead of KML on the depth chart?
But the problem is EDD, ever going to be fully healthy?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that, if healthy last year, K might have demonstrated that she belonged with that group.

The 3-point line is farther out in international play. K's range is beyond that. The 3-pointer is a huge weapon. If Katie Smith could do it, Kaleena can do it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

I think what you saw in the regional and FF last year is what she brings - a very strong rebounder and post player from the 3 with a world class shooting touch from distance. She will never 'replace' an EDD or a Stewart who both are more 3/4 players, but as an option at the 2/3 I see her as a strong candidate. Whether it ever happens for her no one knows, but I would think she will be in the discussion for years to come. She is certainly going to be a high draft pick as long as she remains healthy this year - and while she doesn't have the quickness of some players, she does play pretty good fundamental defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Because of Stewie, people have been overlooking Kaleena most of the past 2 seasons. How quickly we forget! She had the confidence to wear #23 after 4-time consensus AA Maya Moore. Geno called her "Baby Jesus." This year, she will break former NPOY Diana Taurasi's UConn 3-point record and may pass former NPOY Tina Charles for 2nd in career scoring. If Kaleena is not the 2nd best player in the country this year, it will be because Moriah is over-the-top fabulous.

Reaction Score
I feel like she carried us, when we needed someone to step up during the tournament last year, by far more than anyone. MVP (tournament) in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom