Rich Elliot has a new article on Stef | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich Elliot has a new article on Stef

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about what exactly you meant when you said: "She does not have Tina's raw athleticism,..." and "some skills that Tina does not have to the same degree."

IMO, athleticism, when not used in a perjorative sense, is almost always used to describe conditioning, body control and movement. All of which Tina clearly exceeded Stef.

Clearly, Stef has a better face-up jump shot than did Tina.

It is just my opinion, of course, but in all other areas related to playing the post position Tina was clearly better.

Peace,

John Fryer
Tina runs faster and jumps higher. She probably is stronger too.

Tina has become a good shooter, but I think that Stef is better. Tina is a good passer; again, I think Stef is better.

That's pretty much what I meant.

Reaction Score
I truly believe that by Stef's senior year, she WILL be the best true center in WCBB. By then she will have her conditioning down, and she is already one of the most fundamentally sound big's in WCBB. I believe the WNBA teams will be going crazy trying to get her. Yeah, she has the game offensively and defensively, but do you know what the icing on the cake is : Her attitude and she played for Geno and UCONN!

Reaction Score
Tina runs faster and jumps higher. She probably is stronger too.
These are the things that are improved most through better conditioning and carrying less weight. It will be interesting to see what improvements occur in these areas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
These are the things that are improved most through better conditioning and carrying less weight. It will be interesting to see what improvements occur in these areas.
I don't think Stef will ever be like Tina, especially in rebounding, but she can improve herself. I definitely agree on that point.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't think Stef will ever be like Tina, especially in rebounding, but she can improve herself. I definitely agree on that point.
Tina had that aggressive attitude once she fully got it. She absolutely OWNED that five to six feet around the rim. Stef will never have Tina's athleticism, but if she break through with the ferocious desire to make that precious real estate her terrain, she will be very, very dangerous. And if she can shoot from outside too as required, that just makes her even more of a weapon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina had that aggressive attitude once she fully got it. She absolutely OWNED that five to six feet around the rim. Stef will never have Tina's athleticism, but if she break through with the ferocious desire to make that precious real estate her terrain, she will be very, very dangerous. And if she can shoot from outside too as required, that just makes her even more of a weapon.
Yeah, there are clear differences, but both have some very solid skills. We tend to forget, but Tina was lacking in ferocity and consistency her first 2-1/2 seasons. She's been a beast ever since. Stef is still relatively young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom