RI Lunch place | The Boneyard

RI Lunch place

Reaction Score
Going to be near N Kingstown, RI, in next 2 weeks, and need recomend for good lunch place. Also a fast / good place.

Reaction Score
Gregg's is a small chain in Rhode Island. Solid food but they make the best cakes I've ever had in my life. There is one in North Kingstown. Definitely give that a try at least for dessert.

If you end up in Middletown at all, Pickpockets Deli is an awesome Mediterranean wrap spot, though I've only been to the location in Westerly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you like seafood, Matunuck’s is by far the best. Great food, great scenery, you cant go wrong.
Except for the insane crowds and waits now.

Reaction Score
After raw bar/cooked seafood @ Matunucks, there is Aunt Carrie’s for chowder and clam cakes down past Scarborough Beach on Ocean Road and Arturo Joe's right on Rt.108 in Narragansett across from Stop and Shop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Going to be near N Kingstown, RI, in next 2 weeks, and need recomend for good lunch place. Also a fast / good place.
Shayna's in Wickford. Hit Allie's Donuts in the morning in North Kingston

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gregg's is a small chain in Rhode Island. Solid food but they make the best cakes I've ever had in my life. There is one in North Kingstown. Definitely give that a try at least for dessert.

If you end up in Middletown at all, Pickpockets Deli is an awesome Mediterranean wrap spot, though I've only been to the location in Westerly.

I just had their death by chocolate cake tonight.

The Great Wall of chocolate chips on the outside of it make it worth every damn penny.

Reaction Score
Monahan's Clam Shack in Narragansett for fast and good

Greenwich Bay Oyster House in East Greenwich is good.

Matunuck Oyster Bar is excellent but waits are ridiculous oftten 60-90 mins

the Q

Reaction Score
Monahan's Clam Shack in Narragansett for fast and good

Greenwich Bay Oyster House in East Greenwich is good.

Matunuck Oyster Bar is excellent but waits are ridiculous oftten 60-90 mins

I’m a fan of George’s on Galilee if he’s looking for seafood.

Reaction Score
or 210 is pretty good. Eat out back.

Some good choices all over here. I have a couple of customers in the North Kingstown area and when I go to lunch with them they don't have a ton of time so we usually eat in that area. Honestly so far I haven't gone to a restaurant in that immediate area I would throw out here, not close. You will need to take a ride to get a solid lunch treat.

George's, Crazy Burger all good stuff for sure can't lose. Actually Two Ten Oyster (TwoTen Oyster Bar & Grill) is really good and an easy on off Rt 1, right there. A little further up is the Matunuck Oyster Bar which is Danny Hurleys favorite restaurant and I promise it's not just him. Funny thing is if you have never been there you would swear Two Ten is the best, they are close but MOB has a real edge it's just special but can't lose with either.

For a fun place with the kids if that's the case hit The Rathskeller or Mews in Wakefield, both good choices also and not too far.

Good luck enjoy. If you're just out and about looking for some cocktails and a beach atmosphere stop in the Ocean Mist or The Pub in Matunuck. If you're there a day I am (weekends often) wear a UConn shirt I'm buying LOL.

Reaction Score
Another recommendation for 210.

It is a pretty relaxed place right on the water

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Aunt Carries looked amazing on travel channel. They make so many fritters I believe they mix them in a cement mixer. Unfortunately mine were so sandy you could break a tooth. Locals say several other places are much better for clam fritters.

The one place, tons of people say is outstanding is Spain of Narraganset.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clam fritters are the worst food on the planet.

Reaction Score
Aunt Carries looked amazing on travel channel. They make so many fritters I believe they mix them in a cement mixer. Unfortunately mine were so sandy you could break a tooth. Locals say several other places are much better for clam fritters.

I had the same occasional experience w/ one or two in an order from just about everywhere I’ve had them, Aunt Carries, Iggys, Monahan’s, Chevys Shack in North Kingston. It’s like catching a piece of shell in clam chowder.

Reaction Score
We heard that also so we went last summer. Everyone in our party was not that impressed. I was disappointed.

Reaction Score
Celo’s, which is a Rhode Island chain of family restaurants, is pretty good for the traveler. They have solid clam cakes and chowder, roasted chicken, chicken parm, good burgers, chicken pot pie etc. along with a full bar. I always felt it was reliable and very reasonably priced. Much, much better than a Friday’s, Applebee’s, Outback etc. When in Rhode Island I often try new places and then think, I should have just gone to Celo’s. That doesn’t apply to places like Matunuck Oyster Bar, but it certainly does when compared to many local places that aren’t so highly acclaimed. Celo’s always seemed to have a certain quality of meat and produce that made any dish at least pretty good. Haven’t been in several years though.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My first UConn girlfriend was from North Kingstown. If her mother isn’t dead (gulp, even she might be dead) she was a southerner who made great southern dishes. Drop by. That was only 50 years ago.

the Q

Reaction Score
Some good choices all over here. I have a couple of customers in the North Kingstown area and when I go to lunch with them they don't have a ton of time so we usually eat in that area. Honestly so far I haven't gone to a restaurant in that immediate area I would throw out here, not close. You will need to take a ride to get a solid lunch treat.

George's, Crazy Burger all good stuff for sure can't lose. Actually Two Ten Oyster (TwoTen Oyster Bar & Grill) is really good and an easy on off Rt 1, right there. A little further up is the Matunuck Oyster Bar which is Danny Hurleys favorite restaurant and I promise it's not just him. Funny thing is if you have never been there you would swear Two Ten is the best, they are close but MOB has a real edge it's just special but can't lose with either.

For a fun place with the kids if that's the case hit The Rathskeller or Mews in Wakefield, both good choices also and not too far.

Good luck enjoy. If you're just out and about looking for some cocktails and a beach atmosphere stop in the Ocean Mist or The Pub in Matunuck. If you're there a day I am (weekends often) wear a UConn shirt I'm buying LOL.

I like Mews. Solid quality, and innovative burgers that you can’t get anywhere else.

Reaction Score
So we

Aunt Carries has good fried whole bellies and other fried options. Ate at Spain last week. Wasn’t as good as previous but last time we sat outside on a beautiful night so the atmosphere may had an effect on my opinion. It was still pretty good though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom