Rhode Island(Tyrese Martin) vs Saint Louis 2019-2020 Extended Highlights(23 minutes) | The Boneyard

Rhode Island(Tyrese Martin) vs Saint Louis 2019-2020 Extended Highlights(23 minutes)

Reaction Score
For anyone interested in full game footage of our newest transfer.

I like the way he sees, and uses, spacing and gaps, as well as his body control and positioning, particularly in the post.

Reaction Score
Hurley and staff have been so busy I'm actually forgetting who's on our roster. I saw the thread title and thought we were recruiting him. I'm having a hard time keeping up. I may even do a selfie vid of my reaction when I see the upcoming team photo.

From Springs to Martin, hell even Cole I'll get better once we get these players are on the floor in our unis.

Actually for me its a good state of mind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
URIs offense was awful. Curious to see what Martin can do with better looks and structure.

Martin has a fantastic build, great athleticism, and moves laterally really smoothly. I haven't seen the kind of defensive effort Hurley likes yet, but the potential is there. Inconsistent. Generally seems to be in the right position, but a little hesitant punching through screens/getting steals/helping on the ball. Sky high defensive ceiling though.

Love that he goes after rebounds with 2 hands. And it shows.. over 7 a game playing the SF is exceptional.

Nice cut and shot. Put the ball down with the left hand which was weird. Wish he had taken it to the rim hard. Not sure we're going to be looking for long 2s like that outside of Bouk.

Saint Louis vs Rhode Island 2019-2020 Basketball Game Recap
This is a good move if he can translate that to the 3 pt line. Balance and rhythm looked pretty good to me.

I liked his IQ here... small thing but important. Stops the ball, then pick up a man that isn't his in transition. We had trouble with that last year from our guards and wings.

Thought he showed 2 things here. 1) he looks pretty smooth/athletic getting back into position but 2) doesn't really fight through the screen much. The slide after he gets through the screen was good.

I liked this defensive play. Thought Martin made that steal happen more than Fatts did.

Nice pass off a handoff to Langevine

Announcer says he settled for a corner 3. Stupid. There were 5 seconds left on the clock. Corner 3 was a perfect look there--just didn't make it.

I like the tip-in here. Good timing

Nice use of the mismatch. You can see him call to switch positions with his teammate earlier when he recognizes it.

Bouk-esque putback and 1 here. Anticipated that from the 3pt line, made it look easy.

I'm expecting him to have to redshirt next year (don't want to get my hopes up). Seems to me like spending time refining his defensive fundamentals and 3 PT shooting could be beneficial.

Definitely more of a SF/PF than a SG/SF. At 6'6 210, that should be fine though.

Vs P5 Comp + Top 75 kenpom last year:

11.8 PTS
6.5 REB
1.9 AST 12

2.2 TO
0.8 STL
0.3 BLK

41% FG
30% 3FG
63% FT

34 MPG

Online statistics