Rhett Lashlee Interviewed on Arkansas Radio Station 1/12/17 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Interviewed on Arkansas Radio Station 1/12/17

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Just finished listening to it. A really good interview. Nice insights on the importance of the QB (min 6-8), why he took the UConn job, etc.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'll have to listen to this at home.....however the posting of this radio reminds me its probably best if we keep Lashlee away from Gresh for at least a year. Don't need to scare the guy away with our #1 sports radio hack.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
My brother in law who is a huge Arkansas fan texted me this morning congratulating UConn on the hire. And I quote "Congrats on getting Rhett Lashlee. I've been wanting him as our head coach for several years. He's great. Maybe he'll come back and save us one day"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All his comments go back to my point about successful coaches not being afraid of having buyout clauses or length of contract.

Successful coaches know they'll succeed and contracts will come in to line with performance.

Reaction Score
I'll have to listen to this at home.....however the posting of this radio reminds me its probably best if we keep Lashlee away from Gresh for at least a year. Don't need to scare the guy away with our #1 sports radio hack.
I would hope we didn't hire someone who would be scared off by a little criticism. If someone has that thin of skin they shouldn't be a coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would hope we didn't hire someone who would be scared off by a little criticism. If someone has that thin of skin they shouldn't be a coach.
So I guess that rules out Trump as DC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My post clearly sailed way over your head.

The point I was making is that Gresh is not the best representative of UConn and CT sports. His dearth of college football insights beyond Xs&Os is frightening and he has the habit of going to the "when I played at Rhode Island" to frequently.

Reaction Score
A really good interview.
Lashlee's keen perspective and family friendly demeanor were very impressive in that interview. As a young coach he is clearly and unapologetically making a bold statement about UConn giving him the chance to showcase his play calling talents without an offensively gifted HC receiving much of the credit. The fact that lots of SEC fans, coaches and media will (at least occasionally) have their eyes looking north puts UConn in a brighter spotlight than would have been the case had we hired a promising guy from "Eastern Illinois". And just imagine if he really gets our offense moving. He'll become a smooth sounding media darling, only this time without the poetry and recipes. Win big and he's a folk hero and eventually, a hot prospect on the Head Coaching carousel (like Joe Moorhead). Hopefully, Randy Edsall's ego (with the encouragement of DB) will allow this ambitious, talented and sincere OC more than just a bit part to play on the media stage. He's an asset. I'd show him off.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Lashlee's keen perspective and family friendly demeanor were very impressive in that interview. As a young coach he is clearly and unapologetically making a bold statement about UConn giving him the chance to showcase his play calling talents without an offensively gifted HC receiving much of the credit. The fact that lots of SEC fans, coaches and media will (at least occasionally) have their eyes looking north puts UConn in a brighter spotlight than would have been the case had we hired a promising guy from "Eastern Illinois". And just imagine if he really gets our offense moving. He'll become a smooth sounding media darling, only this time without the poetry and recipes. Win big and he's a folk hero and eventually, a hot prospect on the Head Coaching carousel (like Joe Moorhead). Hopefully, Randy Edsall's ego (with the encouragement of DB) will allow this ambitious, talented and sincere OC more than just a bit part to play on the media stage. He's an asset. I'd show him off.
Agree, and well said. BTW, I'm really beginning to appreciate HCRE's ability to find and develop young, aspiring coaches as he does with players. It seems he's got a very good reputation for that within the coaching circles, pro and college, as well. All goodness for UConn, especially as we rebuild, reinvent and re-energize the program. Now, if we could just see a few more coaching announcements before the weekend . . .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dave Benedic UConn AD from Auburn + Rhett Lashlee =Auburn Lashlee at Auburn $600, Lashleee at UConn $350,that alott of money to drop
unless he was promised to be the next Head coach at UConn ???

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
According to Benedict - he made the introduction and Randy took it from there. Randy knows young talent - 2.0 version is more comfortable in his skin and willing to loosen things up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom