RG3 at the rent in 08 | The Boneyard

RG3 at the rent in 08

Reaction Score
I remember going to this game probably the best game I have been to at the rent in terms of excitement from start to finish, Uconn got hosed in this game big time the roughing the passer call on Darius Butler was bogus, and the non safety call on RG 3 might have been the worst non call I have ever seen. These were the days we need to get back to this.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Our D really stepped up big time vs. a mobile QB, which was one of our weaknesses back then. That was also the toughest crowd he ever faced, according to RGIII. Kudos to all the Husky fans in attendance that night.

Reaction Score
Huge hits!!! Deleston makes a great play and a huge hit.....then calmly walks away likes he has don it a million times. Love that type of football. Bring it back Randy!!!!

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I remember how electric RGIII was that night -- great game.

Reaction Score
Gosh that was good to watch. I almost forgot I ever saw that level of play. That was some top 25 football being played in East Hartford, CT. Great crowd, place was jacked, although nobody really understood how special RG III would become at that point.

Contrast that with what we saw the last few years. All I can say is RE I'm sorry I doubted you and got impatient, and I'm happy as hell youre back.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
That was a fun night. I recall not having a voice for a few days after that.

Reaction Score
I believe Cody Brown made a name for himself against an All-American tackle.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I remember going to this game probably the best game I have been to at the rent in terms of excitement from start to finish, Uconn got hosed in this game big time the roughing the passer call on Darius Butler was bogus, and the non safety call on RG 3 might have been the worst non call I have ever seen. These were the days we need to get back to this.

Geesh. Listen to the crowd noise!! We have to get back to this!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
All I kept thinking about the last few years with few people at the Rent and a boring team and a moron for a coach, was the good ole days. Starting with the Indiana game and going through even the Iowa State game that PP blew, the atmosphere was great. Can't wait for the great atmosphere inside the Rent starting this MONTH!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Man, if the student section could cause false starts like they did years ago, we will be back. That Baylor game, the first night game against Pitt in East Hartford - those were standout games where the crowd impacted the game. THAT was homefield advantage.

Reaction Score
What a great game. I really miss seeing the Rent like that all the time, it's sad to me that students over the past 6 years haven't been able to experience that kind of football (with the lone exception of Michigan in 2013).

Reaction Score
I watched that by myself on a fuzzy small tv in a seedy motel. I don't even remember what city I was in. Loved it.

Reaction Score

GREAT STUFF, BRING BACK THE BLOCK "C"...........

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I went to the UConn at Baylor game in Waco in 2009. I remember just hoping we could be competitive. Then I proceeded to watch UConn steamroll a much smaller Baylor team.

It was a thing of beauty.

We were also at that game. It really wasn't as close as the final score indicated. We dominated them on both sides of the ball. I believe they scored a TD very late to make it an eight point margin.

Reaction Score
If anyone has a copy of that '09 game in Waco, please send it to tcf to put on his site. Was tied up that weekend and couldn't watch/listen to. Never found a replay.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If anyone has a copy of that '09 game in Waco, please send it to tcf to put on his site. Was tied up that weekend and couldn't watch/listen to. Never found a replay.

Wasn't really on TV. It was a webcast from the Baylor website.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom