Revamping the NBA Rivalry | The Boneyard

Revamping the NBA Rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the Celtics fans on this board I want this kid real bad. Seems like such a focused & humble kid who is going to thrive in the NBA real fast. Love his sense of humor with his mom in this video, can tell he comes from a good upbringing.

If the ping pong balls fall our way and we land this kid, and then Ball goes to the Lakers could create for an interesting rivalry narrative if the Lakers and Celts peak at the same time....which I'm sure the NBA would love.

Judging from this video Fultz is the anti-Ball. Could potentially go back to the classic Laker Celts days, blue collar grit against flashy glamour.

Reaction Score
I can really root for a kid like that. No shenanigans, no hype from dad, just basketball, and family.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good video. I think he's my amateur scout's choice for 1st pick.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And where does that leave IT?
I understand this kid is a talent but he isn't like Anthony Davis who led his team to an NC and merited top pick or even Bazz or Kemba who wouldn't be and weren't top pick material. I am hesitant about some these one and dones - yes I have seen him play - nice, real nice - the video is great, but again...................

Reaction Score
I understand this kid is a talent but he isn't like Anthony Davis who led his team to an NC and merited top pick or even Bazz or Kemba who wouldn't be and weren't top pick material. I am hesitant about some these one and dones - yes I have seen him play - nice, real nice - the video is great, but again....

I think he'd compliment IT perfectly. 2 guards who can take it off the dribble and create their own shot is better than 1...and who better for him to learn under.

I'm taking Fultz' college accolades with a grain of salt. Look at the team he was on compared to AD. And Bazz/Kemba were ofcourse far more seasoned and had strong role players. Don't think it's a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
I understand this kid is a talent but he isn't like Anthony Davis who led his team to an NC and merited top pick or even Bazz or Kemba who wouldn't be and weren't top pick material. I am hesitant about some these one and dones - yes I have seen him play - nice, real nice - the video is great, but again....
You don't pass on a 6'5" PG with that scoring ability and unreal athleticism. He had an awful cast in Wash (coaching too) nothing compared to those UK and UConn teams.
Honestly I can't see the Celts getting past Lebron and the Bronettes until that dude retires anyway and with the possible #1 pick in the next 2 drafts it might be wise to build for the Post Lebron era and I don't think giving max money to a 30 y/o PG who's more times than not a defensive liability is the way to compete for future titles. Love Isaiah's game obviously dude is an elite scorer and for his sake i think he needs to be in a situation with a more complete cast on both ends of the floor and he can be that instant offense spark plug I truly think he was bred to be.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Really want this kid, but calling it now Celtics will draw the 4th pick.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Magic doesn't take the Laker gig without a promise of the top pick is my newest conspiracy
All I know is there is a zero percent chance the NBA let's the Lakers pick after the Celtics this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom