OT: restaurant for valentines day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: restaurant for valentines day

Reaction Score
Good to know. Thanks. For some reason knowing that a place is up for sale is usually the kiss of death for me, because I figure they must be losing money and cutting corners. But I suppose a place like that is trying to sell their “good will” as much as anything, and in that case they’ve got to keep earning it. I’d like to get there again for the French; I have only had the Italian.

I recently saw a billboard for Caveys somewhere on shoreline on route 1 between madison and old saybrook. Thought it was strange given its not a short drive away

Reaction Score
I cooked last year, so we wanna go out this year. My meal was definitely not steak diane though--I made hot sausage gravy, fried chicken, and biscuits.

Ever thought of moving to Atlanta?

It’s 78 with bright sunshine today.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
@uconnphil2016 .

Remember your romantic getaway to the Cape this past fall?

The one where you were on these message boards A LOT?

If by chance you pull off any decent reservation, resist all temptation to take out your phone and give us updates.
The fact @UCYamsMD liked this made me laugh out loud.

#boneyardsfavoritecouple

Reaction Score
I hear Purdue is working hard on developing one.
09b9fc5f2efb83f1f7ec10297f18c994.jpg

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
There are not going to be many happy couples in Husky Land Valentine's Day seeing we play Houston, who will probably destroy us without two of our best players. That will create some bad moods. Hoping Alterique comes back and at least give us a chance.

Reaction Score
Looking for a Hartford area spot (I’m in Glastonbury). I’d recommended to the old lady that we take a ride to Bufalina but that didn’t elicit much excitement. I’m interested in something nice, but I can’t be paying Union League Cafe prices

I got this one Phil, where as you are taking the old lady my first suggestion was The Red Dog Saloon on the Middletown Middlefield line. A tad late though as they recently went out of business.
All is not lost though as a nice country ride through the back roads of Glastonbury, Hebron etc will take you through Windam and into Chaplin. Here you will find The Bach Dor Cafe home of the $2.00 roast beef dinner. No that is not a typo, two dollars gets you roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie. If it is a nice day you and the old lady can sit out on the deck and admire the many shiny vehicles always on display.
Bon apppetit and happy valentines day.

Reaction Score
Can you cook?

If so, skip the silly amateur night and make this for her: Steak Diane

You can use beef stock instead of making the veal stock and I've found the meat cooking time needs to be greatly increased if you don't want something bloody (I love medium rare and the first time I made it to the recipe times, it was blue.)

I really can't imagine ever going out to a restaurant on Valentines Day. I've never had a good experience no matter how much I spent. Too crowded, bad attention from servers and the experience never lives up to the hype.

Similar to New Years Eve, My husband called it amature night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Similar to New Years Eve, My husband called it amature night.

True on both.

Valentine's Day dinners are filled with a bunch of couples trying to overcompensate and definitely overpaying for "special" menus surrounded by other couples doing the same thing.

Reaction Score
Palindrome Alert!
Yeah, they didn't really put much thought into that one when they opened the second spot! Never been to Avert but every time I'm home I try to get up to West Hartford to one of those places.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom