OT: restaurant for valentines day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: restaurant for valentines day

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Went to Cavey's a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I love Cavey's.
I was going to recommend it but for some reason I thought I read recently that it was closed, closing or for sale? I must be thinking of someplace else.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was going to recommend it but for some reason I thought I read recently that it was closed, closing or for sale? I must be thinking of someplace else.
There was a report that it is "quietly" up for sale but no change in the current operation.

Reaction Score
Glastonbury native, haven’t lived there in years.

Is 2 Hopewell still there? Always seemed ~romantic~

Reaction Score
Looking for a Hartford area spot (I’m in Glastonbury). I’d recommended to the old lady that we take a ride to Bufalina but that didn’t elicit much excitement. I’m interested in something nice, but I can’t be paying Union League Cafe prices
Spluge and get her a whole giant cutlet grinder at Franklin Street Giant Grinder.

Reaction Score
Here we go... classy.
BFBF85C7-5F36-4155-8894-FB057B4924F4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Growing up Catholic and only really knowing Catholics it is really strange for me to see a priest asking for date night recs.

Reaction Score
Glastonbury native, haven’t lived there in years.

Is 2 Hopewell still there? Always seemed ~romantic~
It is there and is considered romantic

Reaction Score
Cavey’s in Manchester? New Mill restaurant in Plantsville? Saybrook Fish House in Rocky Hill?

Does the Fish House still have clams on the half shell with that special sauce on them? Used to have them in Old Saybrook. They cooked them with the sauce and something else on them. Can’t recall what. No wise cracks.

Reaction Score
Looking for a Hartford area spot (I’m in Glastonbury). I’d recommended to the old lady that we take a ride to Bufalina but that didn’t elicit much excitement. I’m interested in something nice, but I can’t be paying Union League Cafe prices
2 Hopewell

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There was a report that it is "quietly" up for sale but no change in the current operation.
Good to know. Thanks. For some reason knowing that a place is up for sale is usually the kiss of death for me, because I figure they must be losing money and cutting corners. But I suppose a place like that is trying to sell their “good will” as much as anything, and in that case they’ve got to keep earning it. I’d like to get there again for the French; I have only had the Italian.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@uconnphil2016 .

Remember your romantic getaway to the Cape this past fall?

The one where you were on these message boards A LOT?

If by chance you pull off any decent reservation, resist all temptation to take out your phone and give us updates.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can you cook?

If so, skip the silly amateur night and make this for her: Steak Diane

You can use beef stock instead of making the veal stock and I've found the meat cooking time needs to be greatly increased if you don't want something bloody (I love medium rare and the first time I made it to the recipe times, it was blue.)

I really can't imagine ever going out to a restaurant on Valentines Day. I've never had a good experience no matter how much I spent. Too crowded, bad attention from servers and the experience never lives up to the hype.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Can you cook?

If so, skip the silly amateur night and make this for her: Steak Diane

You can use beef stock instead of making the veal stock and I've found the meat cooking time needs to be greatly increased if you don't want something bloody (I love medium rare and the first time I made it to the recipe times, it was blue.)

I really can't imagine ever going out to a restaurant on Valentines Day. I've never had a good experience no matter how much I spent. Too crowded, bad attention from servers and the experience never lives up to the hype.

I cooked last year, so we wanna go out this year. My meal was definitely not steak diane though--I made hot sausage gravy, fried chicken, and biscuits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom