OT: Rest in Peace -- Mookie the Coin Flipping Cat | The Boneyard

OT: Rest in Peace -- Mookie the Coin Flipping Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A long time ago, on a Boneyard far, far away....the Swami used to give the odds of each game and who he thought would win. The Dogfather made a lot of money over those years by betting against the advice of the "Swami".

To prove just how bad he was at picking the games, I began picking up my cat, Mookie, balancing a quarter on his paw and letting him "flip it" to make a prediction. Needless to say, over the remainder of the season, Mookie was much, much more accurate than Swami and Mookie's legend 'round these parts grew and grew.

At the ripe old age of 15, Mookie passed away yesterday.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
He will be long remembered and sadly missed (but not by swami....who would be happier, I am sure, to have Mookie turned into a buffing pad for his "famous" chair)....

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry for your loss Deepster.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Just remember - he's probably getting @$!@$!@#banged in heaven by that crappy stuffed husky that someone had, way back when. :)

Reaction Score
A long time ago, on a Boneyard far, far away....the Swami used to give the odds of each game and who he thought would win. The Dogfather made a lot of money over those years by betting against the advice of the "Swami".

To prove just how bad he was at picking the games, I began picking up my cat, Mookie, balancing a quarter on his paw and letting him "flip it" to make a prediction. Needless to say, over the remainder of the season, Mookie was much, much more accurate than Swami and Mookie's legend 'round these parts grew and grew.

RIP Mookie. You lived a grand life.

Sorry for you loss Craig.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't think of it as losing a cat - think of it as being halfway to a really comfy pair of new fuzzy slippers.

Reaction Score
Bummer Deepster. He lived well, and I'm sorry to hear that.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score

A pack of lies.
How quickly the dim forget.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Not about the damned CAT, about the fetid feline's prognosticatory prowess.
Are you really going to force people to fire up the Wayback Machine to settle this argument?

You know, most of us recall the situation to have been just as Deepster portrayed it.

And it is unseemly to speak ill of the dead....

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Are you really going to force people to fire up the Wayback Machine to settle this argument?

You know, most of us recall the situation to have been just as Deepster portrayed it.

And it is unseemly to speak ill of the dead....

Another one with a short memory. Need I remind you of the swami's laser-like renderings during our inaugural championship run of '99? I was so "on" I counseled betting against Our Heroes in the 2 NCAA games in which we did not cover(Iowa, Gonzaga), knowing full well we would win on the court while not covering the number. Need I remind you of the repeat performance in '04? If anyone needs the way back machine it is you and the rest of the foolish doubters.
Woe unto those who deny the swami's wise counsel.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Just remember - he's probably getting @$!@$!@#banged in heaven by that crappy stuffed husky that someone had, way back when. :)

Oh no, don't bring up he who can not be mentioned (again). That stuffed wimpy husky was assassinated for cause and should stay that way.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
More likely that he gets to chase one of these around....
ratface.jpg

Reaction Score

RIP Mookie..................sorry to hear of your loss Deep!

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
BTW, that "crappy, stuffed husky that someone had, way back when", properly known as Jason, LIVES ON.
Fools.

Reaction Score
Just think, if you morons adopted Jason and Shoo Shoo Orange Flu as vigorously as you adopted "Winning" this year, we'd have a whole fistful of titles by now.
Nah, it wasn't meant to be. The mojo knows.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Just think, if you morons adopted Jason and Shoo Shoo Orange Flu as vigorously as you adopted "Winning" this year, we'd have a whole fistful of titles by now.
Bingo, Brother Deepster. But at least Jason delivered.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

I have already repented and done penance for those transgressions....

Never Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger