Requiem for the Season | The Boneyard

Requiem for the Season

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Here are 5 takeaways on the season:

1. Our W/L ratio was about where I thought it would be. Not great, but certainly a reasonable improvement in the first year.

2. The games were much more fun to watch this year than the past 3 or 4 years.

3. The O exceeded expectations and the D under performed.

4. Many seniors proved their steel by playing hard on mediocre or worse teams, most notably Shirreffs, Joseph, and Newsome.

5. I feel like we ended on a good note (excepting the stupid penalty and missed PAT) and I am optimistic about 2018.

Go Huskies! Ripper!

Reaction Score
The momentum has definitely turned around. We're playing much more like a competently run program now. We should be solid by year 3 in Edsall 2.0's run. Would be nice if we can do well next season.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The momentum has definitely turned around. We're playing much more like a competently run program now. We should be solid by year 3 in Edsall 2.0's run. Would be nice if we can do well next season.
Right. When in a hole, the first order of business is to stop digging. I think that much has been accomplished.

All we need is a competent defense to become bowl eligible. I believe HCRE can do that.

6-6 sounds so good right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When looking at the schedule before the start of the season I saw 3, maybe four wins, so I can't really complain. That said but for a couple of missed kicks we could easily be 5-7. So 6-6 seems a reasonable expectation for next season, but you really need to pick the W/Ls game by game.

Yep, I'd sure like to see a more competent defense. I'm not sure how much that will happen though given the degree of turnover, either through graduation or upgrade, that's needed. Before we throw Crocker's defense under the bus, I'd like to see it played with guys capable of executing it.

Offense should get better. At QB Pindell showed that he's capable of running it. That's the baseline. If he gets beaten out, as many believe that he will, then we are looking at an upgrade, probably in the long ball. I wonder if any of the new guys will be better at working through progressions under pressure though. That takes time.

Special teams? We've been spoiled with our kickers over the years. We definitely need improvement. Can't leave PATs or makeable FGs on the table.

It definitely has been more fun watching UConn football. I expect that to continue to improve as we become more competitive in all three facets of the game.

Reaction Score
Agree with the OP, but the D was a complete disaster even though it was senior laden. We desperately need DEs and LBs that can run. Diaco’s recruiting was a mess and we will pay the price for a while.

Reaction Score
D was a complete disaster, O was much improved, special teams were fair to poor.

Much better coaching staff than Cranberry Pants' regime (except for Crocker) so there's reason to remain hopeful once Edsall brings his own recruits here. Gotta fix the D. That's priority one.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
D was a complete disaster, O was much improved, special teams were fair to poor.

Much better coaching staff than Cranberry Pants' regime (except for Crocker) so there's reason to remain hopeful once Edsall brings his own recruits here. Gotta fix the D. That's priority one.

I was wondering if we could find someone in the off-season who had never called plays to be our new OC? I've heard that's the best way to assemble a staff... ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom