Request for prayers | The Boneyard

Request for prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A week ago last Thursday my father was taken to St. Raphael's in New Haven with an infection on the back of his leg. After a weekend of IV antibiotics they were able to transfer him out to a rehab center to strengthen with the intention of returning home. Dad is 87. Yesterday my nother fell twice and was, also, taken to St. Raphael's and it was found she had fractured 4 bones in her foot. She was returned home with a soft cast. As I write she is presently being "rushed" back to St. Raphael's with additional issues. Fortunately both of my brothers are in town today to oversee all this. Depending on the updates today I may be rushing to CT on Monday. Please keep both my parents and the rest of us in your prayers as this all plays out. Peace.

BTW, I can use some prayers, too, since a have a Memorial Service at 1:00 for that young man, 57, who died of pancreatic cancer on Christmas Day. I need some focus.

Reaction Score
Count me in on this one. Will do. Best wishes and stay well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
when it rains it pours. You'll get through this.

Reaction Score
Ice,
Will absolutely say a prayer for your parents, the young man, and for yourself to stay focused and strong. God Bless

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
ICE--

I am so sorry to hear this bad news - my very best wishes for their recovery, with all my prayers, too.

Reaction Score
I can emphasize with the worry that comes with caring for elderly parents. I imagine that it can be even harder when you're so far away.

They will both be in my prayers.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks to all. Looks like I may be making an unplanned run to CT tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Consider it done, Ice.
Hope everything turns out for the best. Hang in there and God bless.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've done the 2 parents in therapy thing Ice and I am glad you have support. My thoughts are with you all.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just confirmed with my brother and I will be heading to CT after services tomorrow. He needs to get back to work and someone needs to maintain the battle for services and coverage. Thanks again to all for your prayers and kindnesses.

The service today went very well for a wonderful family here They had wonderful support for friends and friends of their son.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
A week ago last Thursday my father was taken to St. Raphael's in New Haven with an infection on the back of his leg. After a weekend of IV antibiotics they were able to transfer him out to a rehab center to strengthen with the intention of returning home. Dad is 87. Yesterday my nother fell twice and was, also, taken to St. Raphael's and it was found she had fractured 4 bones in her foot. She was returned home with a soft cast. As I write she is presently being "rushed" back to St. Raphael's with additional issues. Fortunately both of my brothers are in town today to oversee all this. Depending on the updates today I may be rushing to CT on Monday. Please keep both my parents and the rest of us in your prayers as this all plays out. Peace.

BTW, I can use some prayers, too, since a have a Memorial Service at 1:00 for that young man, 57, who died of pancreatic cancer on Christmas Day. I need some focus.

You are all in my prayers, Ice. I hope it all turns out well.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Will definitely keep you in my thoughts in the days ahead, Ice - basketball and other such diversions take a back seat during difficult times like these.

I know you and the rest of your family will be of great service to both parents this week, and in the days ahead

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You and your family are in my prayers. God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads