Report Card vs Tulane | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Tulane

Reaction Score
EVERYONE GETS A 3.0. I thought I'd give myself one day to cool down before posting anything; didn't help!

Edit: I also get a 3.0 for the thread title! Absolute poetic justice like you read about. Please change, Tulsa******

J. Adams- 3.0 Got going on offense way too late. Why not hit those drives in the first half?! He's made it a habit now to wait until the last 10 minutes. When he celebrated a 3pt shot down 10 points, I hurt. What is he doing during these warm ups?? Also played his worst defensive game yet.
A. Gilbert- 3.0 Needs more than 3 assists per game. You're no Kemba/Napier yet, that comes Sophomore/Junior year. Until then, please facilitate more for others.
C. Vital- 3.0 Stop dribbling the ball.
J. Carlton- 3.0 Mr. Carlton is the most predictable player on the court. Because he rarely touches the ball on offense, when he finally gets the rock, his pupils dilate, his mouth salivates, and it's head down towards the basket. This includes EVERY offensive board he grabs; head down to the basket. The coaches need to add "passing the ball" to his repertoire, otherwise, I'd rather see Whaley in there. Carlton also played his worst defensive game of the year. Absolutely no defensive presence down low. I wonder what Hasheem Thabeet thinks of all of this.
E. Cobb- 3.0 Sloth-hips
T. Polley- 3.0 The epitome of our lack of talent. Even if he makes 40% of his 3pt-ers, he's still too big of a liability everywhere else. He got slaughtered on defense.
S. Wilson- 3.0 The Goal tending has to stop. Also missed too many defensive assignments. But nonetheless, more of a presence than Polley and even Carlton downlow.
B. Adams- 3.0 I enjoyed his game for the few minutes he gave us. He's an investment I'd rather keep than sell.
T. Smith- 3.0 Kudos for the 4 assists?
Coach Hurley- 3.0 Our defense was completely uninspiring. We missed basic switches that should never happen this far into the season. It's clear his antics on the sidelines rub the refs the wrong way. I still trust he knows what he's doing, so if it must continue, so be it.

The Referees- I dove into deep analytical thoughts after yet another comical officiated game. I asked myself questions like: what kind of people decide to become referees? Were they all bench riders on former high school teams so they're trying to make up for lost time on the court? Do they all lack the "spotlight" in other aspects of their lives? Do all their wives lack the physique to comfortably jump on the back of a horse saddle? What kind of trauma happened to these poor folks that make them think it's okay to call games this way.

The Announcers- I've never once complained about an announcer. I even put up with Bill Walton's jumbled words that he claims as sentences. But there was something about these two that really grinded my gears à la Peter Griffen. Particularly the Norman Chad sound alike from the World Series of Poker on ESPN. "In case you guys didn't know at home; UConn's layup in these last 2 minutes signifies they're not going for the win, but rather, that they're going for overtime!!"

The good- Lets point out a few positives for the sake of the glass being half full. We have Dan Hurley. Diarra was warming up aggressively. Our offense wasn't completely inept, I think we missed a lot of open shots that could have kept us in the game despite our defensive woes. We beat Duke. And lastly, I can't tell which player I'm more looking forward to seeing play for us: Bouknight, Gaffney, or Akok. Go ahead, if we could only have one of the 3, which one would you choose?

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A quick drive by "Heres the Rub - with ADub™" branded Blog review.

ReportCard - 0.0

Bluto1.jpg

Reaction Score
The announcers were pretty bad.

At one point one of them said it was Hurley's first game getting tossed in the AAC...., and one of them mistook AG for Vital multiple times...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom