Report Card vs Sacred Heart | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Sacred Heart

Reaction Score
B. Adams: 7.5- Well well well. Looks like we have a player on our hands. His defense looks noticeably better. Loved the hairdo.
C. Vital: 7.5- A tale of two halves. But the cojónes on this guy to shoot and make that first 3pt'er from the parking lot in the 2nd half. Nice inside passes to Carlton.
S. Wilson: 7.0- Nice to see him get a "splash" play in the early minutes of the game. It set up his confidence for the rest of the way. Let's build Sid a home on the elbow of that free throw line. More rebounds please.
A. Gilbert: 6.5- He's the orchestrator of this squad and he's in full control. If I were his teammates, I'd buy him lunch everyday: he has the ability to get any player he wants going on offense. His iso 3-ball isn't quite ready for the show just yet.
J. Carlton: 6.5- Hurley put it best: "had 18pts, could of had 28". Nice to see his footwork very much alive and unmatched. More rebounds please.
T. Polley: 6.0- Discouraging performance. It's imperative he hits his 3pt shots to open up the rest of the offense. Hurley will get into him, he'll respond well.
A. Akok: 5.5- Love this kid. Minutes are his best friend.
I. Whaley: 4.5- Hence why I was skeptical about him during the exhibition game. No jalepeno poppers tonight.
J. Gaffney: N/A- Not quite ready for the Report Card scores just yet. But in due time young freshman, in due time.

Player of the Match- Brendan Adams. Hard work pays off they say.
Notes- I'd like to think Bouknight will provide us some cushion when CV is having one of those 1st halves. Also, what are we going to do about this rebounding thing? Cause that ain't it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's a gazelle out there. Looong strides. So fast, but quick, too. They have to get him the ball to finish in transition more often, like that dunk at the end. His man is not going to be able to keep up with him.

Hurley said he was in the right spots a lot on defense for a freshman, and it seemed that way to me, too. He deterred a lot of drives just by being nearby in the right spot without actively helping, and his actual rotations and switches looked clean. He's also the opposite of Cobb when defending guards on the perimeter. He moves his feet great and doesn't play D with his hands. He'll be able to guard 1-4 consistently by next year, if not later this one. The offball contests and alters were obviously great.

He got pushed around on a few rebounds, moved under the basket while blocking out, etc., but he came up with one board where that happened anyways because he's a quick leaper and has long arms.

I liked him attacking the zone from the middle off the bounce, too. Looked fluid. He'll get better at the finishing (and his misses led to putbacks almost every time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
He's a gazelle out there. Looong strides. So fast, but quick, too. They have to get him the ball to finish in transition more often, like that dunk at the end. His man is not going to be able to keep up with him.

Hurley said he was in the right spots a lot on defense for a freshman, and it seemed that way to me, too. He deterred a lot of drives just by being nearby in the right spot without actively helping, and his actual rotations and switches looked clean. He's also the opposite of Cobb when defending guards on the perimeter. He moves his feet great and doesn't play D with his hands. He'll be able to guard 1-4 consistently by next year, if not later this one. The offball contests and alters were obviously great.

He got pushed around on a few rebounds, moved under the basket while blocking out, etc., but he came up with one board where that happened anyways because he's a quick leaper and has long arms.

I liked him attacking the zone from the middle off the bounce, too. Looked fluid. He'll get better at the finishing (and his misses led to putbacks almost every time).
Agree on Akok. He looks like he just knows and understands the game. Iq guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Agree on Akok. He looks like he just knows and understands the game. Iq guy.
When it starts to come together for him hes going to be so good. Hes a lot quicker than I thought. He looked really smooth and quick asf on a couple drives. Would like to see more of that. Yes please!

Reaction Score
I thought Sid looked great working the horseshoe around the lane to the free throw line. He made a great dish to Akok whom I thought was gonna reverse jam it home, but he finished the play and got fouled. Sid looked great last night I thought. Slow start but they looked noticeably better in t he second half.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
B. Adams: 7.5- Well well well. Looks like we have a player on our hands. His defense looks noticeably better. Loved the hairdo.
C. Vital: 7.5- A tale of two halves. But the cojónes on this guy to shoot and make that first 3pt'er from the parking lot in the 2nd half. Nice inside passes to Carlton.
S. Wilson: 7.0- Nice to see him get a "splash" play in the early minutes of the game. It set up his confidence for the rest of the way. Let's build Sid a home on the elbow of that free throw line. More rebounds please.
A. Gilbert: 6.5- He's the orchestrator of this squad and he's in full control. If I were his teammates, I'd buy him lunch everyday: he has the ability to get any player he wants going on offense. His iso 3-ball isn't quite ready for the show just yet.
J. Carlton: 6.5- Hurley put it best: "had 18pts, could of had 28". Nice to see his footwork very much alive and unmatched. More rebounds please.
T. Polley: 6.0- Discouraging performance. It's imperative he hits his 3pt shots to open up the rest of the offense. Hurley will get into him, he'll respond well.
A. Akok: 5.5- Love this kid. Minutes are his best friend.
I. Whaley: 4.5- Hence why I was skeptical about him during the exhibition game. No jalepeno poppers tonight.
J. Gaffney: N/A- Not quite ready for the Report Card scores just yet. But in due time young freshman, in due time.

Player of the Match- Brendan Adams. Hard work pays off they say.
Notes- I'd like to think Bouknight will provide us some cushion when CV is having one of those 1st halves. Also, what are we going to do about this rebounding thing? Cause that ain't it.

Way overrated Vital. Sid and Carlton were certainly better. Vital was terrible in the first half, taking bad shots, getting stupid Ts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was down on Al while watching (probably paying too much attention to the poor shooting), but 5 AST , 1 STL, and 0 TO is very nice.

His defense was excellent and he had another 5 or so assists by guys blowing easy shots. But he has to realize we need him to take over as a scorer at times. Even Jalen had that instinct to know when the team needed him to be the man. Needed that from Al in the first half.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Can we get a grade on everyone’s hair?

Carlton’s, Adams’, Whaley’s, Sid’s and Vital’s all look to be in midseason form. Akok’s hairdo needs some real work in practice.

Reaction Score
Lol Vital was the Kenpom MVP

17 points, 6/9 from the field, 3/5 from 3, 3 assists, 7 steals.

He was the best player on the court last night.
Vital's stat line last night isn't really complete without the turnovers. Not a Vital hater though - he always finds a way to be valuable and 7 steals is eye-popping. He once again brought a sense of urgency and energy that every good team needs. We're going to miss that for sure

Reaction Score
Vital's stat line last night isn't really complete without the turnovers. Not a Vital hater though - he always finds a way to be valuable and 7 steals is eye-popping. He once again brought a sense of urgency and energy that every good team needs. We're going to miss that for sure

3 turnovers which isn’t good but isn’t awful

Reaction Score
3 turnovers which isn’t good but isn’t awful
No idea what's going on with the official box score but all the beat writers had him with 4 turnovers at halftime, and I could have swore he picked up a 5th.

That said he made himself valuable in other ways like he usually does

Reaction Score
Need bunny practice.

1573305951326.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It looks like my thread-starting grade for this young season1 is an F. My Akok thread was deleted? Did people take a dump in it?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Polley gets detention for that missed dunk. Yikes.

He looked like was about to fly in ala Rudy Gay as he was coming in and then ooof. You cant even blame that it was not 2 handed. It was.

Reaction Score
It looks like my thread-starting grade for this young season1 is an F. My Akok thread was deleted? Did people take a dump in it?
Yes, by the first or second post someone took your subtle but everyone gets it joke and just blatantly posted it

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He needs bigtime work on defending screens. He can't fight through them, and his footwork isn't quick enough to get around them. He can make up some ground when going around with his long reach and ups. Bothered some shots this way.

Reaction Score
I hope Carlton becomes the double double guy we've been needing for YEARS. He is coming leaps and bounds for this team. All I thought to myself last night was give the ball to Carlton and led him figure it out because he has what it takes to post up big guys and score at will. There were a couple of instances where he tried doing putbacks when he should've caught the ball, land, and then go up again, but it's all learning for him. Can't wait for the ensuing games for him

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No idea what's going on with the official box score but all the beat writers had him with 4 turnovers at halftime, and I could have swore he picked up a 5th.

That said he made himself valuable in other ways like he usually does

Daignault must have been watching the ESPN3 feed and missed most of the first half, then just made stuff up. Go to the play by play. He had 3 TO's all in the first half. The tech was just the refs doing something, after a very minor kerfuffle that was started by the SHU guy after Vital stole the ball the other SHU guy tried to bounce off his foot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom