T. Smith- 6.5
B. Adams- 6.5
J. Carlton- 6.5
E. Cobb- 5.5
S. Wilson- 4.5
K. Yakwe- 2.0
K. Williams- Just happy he's staying

Player of the Match- J. Adams
Momma Hurley- 9.5 (Sour Patch Kids is a solid candy choice as a pregame/postgame snack)
RIP- T. Smith's front tooth. Hopefully his momma doesn't kill him. She told him to wear a mouthguard.
Extra note- It's nice to have Refs who don't seem to have a vendetta against us. Can we book these guy for Saturday?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always hoped Kwintin Williams would play and contribute. Sadly, I no longer see that happening. It just isnt coming together for him despite his athleticism. I thought Vital might have been a tad higher than a 7 with 14 points and 5 rebounds.

Nice job overall though.

Reaction Score
Announcers: 1.2 - god they were awful, never thought I’d be longing for our husky SNY announcers. these guys were bad. I almost put it on mute and put 1080 on but then realized no more joe d. One of the announcers mispronounced vitals name and then polleys name - I could maybe see the vital one, but polley has 2 L’s in it- how cud u mispronounce that?? So bad.

Reaction Score
Loving Jalen's play lately. He's confident this season and not as cocky as seasons' past. Against lesser teams he not only is the best player on the floor, but seems to know that. He then just lets the game come to him, making things look so easy. Being a senior helps also.

I see Jalen more engaged, he's mature, he's not doing the mixtape stuff as often, he's a leader now (finally), he's patient in a senior Bazz kind of way, and he appears to be having fun (although much of that could be attributed to winning).

The only thing I want to see is him shine against the best and on national TV. The nation really hasn't seen Jalen at his full potential. It took 4 years but this is what i've been waiting for since he signed with us.

Reaction Score
Loving Jalen's play lately. He's confident this season and not as cocky as seasons' past. Against lesser teams he not only is the best player on the floor, but seems to know that. He then just lets the game come to him, making things look so easy. Being a senior helps also.

I see Jalen more engaged, he's mature, he's not doing the mixtape stuff as often, he's a leader now (finally), he's patient in a senior Bazz kind of way, and he appears to be having fun (although much of that could be attributed to winning).

The only thing I want to see is him shine against the best and on national TV. The nation really hasn't seen Jalen at his full potential. It took 4 years but this is what i've been waiting for since he signed with us.

He looked complete and polished tonight. Best I have seen him look from a purely eye test standpoint.

And B. Adams had a real nice game with 11, 6, and 2 off the bench.

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I always hoped Kwintin Williams would play and contribute. Sadly, I no longer see that happening. It just isnt coming together for him despite his athleticism. I thought Vital might have been a tad higher than a 7 with 14 points and 5 rebounds.

Nice job overall though.
I keep hearing people rave about how athletic Kwintin Williams, how well he can jump, and that he has a great attitude. So what's the problem? Is it that at 6-7 he's not tall enough to grab rebounds or he can't handle the ball or he can't shoot from the perimeter or...? What is lacking in his skill set?

Reaction Score
I keep hearing people rave about how athletic Kwintin Williams, how well he can jump, and that he has a great attitude. So what's the problem? Is it that at 6-7 he's not tall enough to grab rebounds or he can't handle the ball or he can't shoot from the perimeter or...? What is lacking in his skill set?
Understanding basketball.

Playing against people in rec leagues or in the park, you only need athleticism and some rudimentary understanding of defense. Once you're playing on a team with 4 other moving parts, you need to intuitively understand the game. Kwint seems like a great guy, but he doesn't have that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Brendan Adams played great after missing his first few shots. Much more of a physical presence from him than we’ve seen previously.
He’s the only guy who likes getting contact and going to the line.

Reaction Score
Little high on Cobb and maybe low on Carlton who I thought was solid 7 with 11 pts and 3 rebounds. Cobb was pretty bad today maybe a 4 and struggled a lot chasing Lafayette big men on defense.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
That dog pack that the announcers kept using was so forced. Trying to sound witty but it fell flat. Rather them do their homework before a game like this so when we start cruising we can learn more about the players, Hurley, goals, etc...

They at least said they thought we were a three team bid conference.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'm really starting to love Tyler Polley.

If he keeps improving we may be witnessing the second coming of DeAndre.
No. Polley is a developing, poverty stricken version of Otto Potter Jr..

Reaction Score
Overall solid game. Still would like to see more offense ran, maybe more back cuts and pick and rolls just something that better teams would have a more difficult time preparing for. Also Lafayette sucked our defenders in a few times then made the extra pass to open shooters, would like to see less overcommitting on D.

I liked how we utilized the high post with Jalen scoring from the mid range, eventually I'd love to see Sid take control of the high post/elbow jumpers especially against bigger teams and zone D. If we keep up the assists, rebound better and commit a fewer fouls early in each half we'll be in good shape vs FSU.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm really starting to love Tyler Polley.

If he keeps improving we may be witnessing the second coming of DeAndre.
Is a taller Albert Mouring a better comp?

No. Nowhere near as good at slashing and getting to the rim as AM nor is Polley polished enough to take a hard dribble and pull up from 15'.

C

Chief00

Extra note- It's nice to have Refs who don't seem to have a vendetta against us. Can we book these guy for Saturday?
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think Chief complained once about the zebras, and that’s a rarity. So important not to ref with an agenda and let the players be the focus. Seen too many big ego refs this year.

Reaction Score
No. Nowhere near as good at slashing and getting to the rim as AM nor is Polley polished enough to take a hard dribble and pull up from 15'.
My recollection was that even a senior Albert Mouring was actively not good at putting the ball on the floor and get past his man.

And if we're comparing him to Daniels (which was the other comp) I mean, where is the post game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom