Report Card vs Cincinnati | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Cincinnati

Reaction Score
C. Vital 6.5- A quiet but solid 14 points. I thought he contributed his part.
J. Carlton 6.5- Good game overall. 4 blocks! Loved his energy and fight. Only defensive presence we have on this team. Let's work on our point blank no backboard layups and we'll be good to go.
A. Gilbert 6.0- Awful shooting day, still proved invaluable to the team today. Great to have him back. Keep shooting kid, you're the future.
E. Cobb 6.0- Had a nice offensive stretch, still too much of a liability on defense. When was the last time homeboy recorded a block? 1-5 from the FT line this late in the season is nightmare fuel.
T. Smith 6.0- Wide open air ball from the 3pt line is not a good look. Very Antwoine Anderson'esque. His free throw percentage is surprisingly 66% on the year, I would have guessed much less. Solid defense today though.
T. Polley 5.5- 0 rebounds on 32 minutes? Needs to shoot the ball more than 4 times. The rollercoaster continues.
S. Wilson 5.0- Weak game.
B. Adams 3.0- Not ready yet.

Strange how we can't get one of these tough ones to swing our way. Fun game to watch though. Go Huskies, I love this school, I love this Coach, I love where our program is headed.

Reaction Score
Polley was HUGE with that clutch three late in the game.
He bricked a wide-open one though. Has he hit one this year that would have tied or given us the lead against a good team?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah Polley hit a big 3 - that's it
His D was terrible and as far as even wanting to compete for a rebound? My 5 yo grand daughter has more spunk
I think that CV was the catalyst that moved this team at times today
I love AGs desire but boy does he make me nervous - would like to sit him this year but after the last 2 I can understand that he wants to play and DH has few alternatives seeing his URI recruit B Adams looks like he isn't capable/ready to handle ball handling responsibilities at all.
I was surprised at Sid today - I thought he would match up well vs Cinci
Carlton played a better game defensively but his bunny misses cost the game as much as all the missed FTs. I liked what Cobb did with the ball and the spark he provided but the D is gruesome
DH was better without ref baiting but his decision not to start Cobb for the start of the 2nd half is baffling and this team still comes out of the half flat - Coach please let them practice FTs

It was exciting to see the Huskies come back from that early 2nd half deficit and not let it get away again. A couple of lucky shots and some questionable calls did this snake bit team in. An enjoyable game to watch. After the 2 UConn-Cinci games I don't think the little munckin wants to play UConn in the AAC tourney

C

Chief00

Christian undervalued again. 14 and 7 in 27 minutes. Numerous tie ups. If he wasn't in the dog house we could have pulled it out.
Agree, he was instrumental in the comeback. This late in the season one wonders if all these lessons are worth teaching?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Christian undervalued again. 14 and 7 in 27 minutes. Numerous tie ups. If he wasn't in the dog house we could have pulled it out.
Man, you just have to wonder how much he would thrive as a spark plug guy on a good UConn team, playing with legit big men and guards. Relentless energy, and he is continuously improving the focus of that energy. I hope he comes back next year so he can experience another year of Hurley and improved talent around him. I'll take 20 more years of CV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom