Report Card vs Buffalo | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Buffalo

Reaction Score
T. Newton- 9.0: Have yourself a game. Triple double for our very aggressive point guard tonight. His 3pt shot struggled, but he clearly separated himself as our best point god tonight. You hope he finds consistency as the season starts to turn up.
D. Clingan- 7.0: Great game for the true Freshman. 8 rbs and 10 pts in how many minutes?! Did find himself in trouble on defense biting on pump fakes.
J. Calcaterra- 6.5: Led the charge in the first half, shutting down any "epitome of brutality" tweets for tonight. Defensively, still a giant liability. Buffalo knew it, and was attacking him any chance they got.
N. Alleyene- 6.5: Cold from the three point line, otherwise a pretty sound game. Again, impressed by his defense. I'd put him over Andre Jackson as our #1 defender.
A. Karaban- 6.5: Happy with his defense. Was pleased to learn he scored 10 pts, would have guessed half.
A. Sanago- 6.0: Find ourselves talking about the same issue as last year; needs to pass out of double/triple teams. Not a great game overall, but the coaches will have him learn a lot from tonight.
H. Diarra- 5.5: Didn't find himself all that involved. It's like when you try to meet up with all your friends at the concert, and you show up to your seat, but you realize you bought seats in section 2A in the stands, but all your buddies bought tickets in section 3B on the Floor. You know?! And you can't change seats.
R. Springs- N/A: Our guy deserved a shot tonight, didn't get it. Coach I know you're reading this, give the guy a fair shake. He earned it. Don't cross me l31TCl-l

Player of the Match- T. Newton: Curious to see how he responds in his next quarrel this Friday
Match Notes: Eh. Pretty gross game. Combination of tree things: XL Center, asking our guys to get amped for 3 cupcakes in a row, and desperately missing our 2 STARS in Andre/Hawkins. Lastly, we found out tonight Coach Hurley either follows the spread, or more reasonably, the Kenpom spread (+20 tonight).

Over and Out- RC

Reaction Score
Springs played... I shouted don't sleep on Springs at the game. Was it only for limited minutes?

Reaction Score
3 things on Clingan. He can block shots, and get the ball many times and he has good hands. He has great vision and passing ability much better than Sanogo. There were a couple times he should have actually gone to the rim but passed for open 3’s that were bricked. It’s early and against cupcakes but this kid is a big deal.

Reaction Score
3 things on Clingan. He can block shots, and get the ball many times and he has good hands. He has great vision and passing ability much better than Sanogo. There were a couple times he should have actually gone to the rim but passed for open 3’s that were bricked. It’s early and against cupcakes but this kid is a big deal.

I think rebounding, ball movement, shot blocking are going to be his strengths this year. He'll score opportunistically with dunks, but I'm not expecting much in the way of post moves yet. His hook shots and footwork are not good right now.

I would say he is MUCH more advanced than I expected. Just being able to move the ball and rebound would have been good enough for his freshman year. The defense? Totally unexpected.

I watched both Duke games this year that Lively played in and Clingan looks better. Never thought I would have said that.

Reaction Score
Springs played... I shouted don't sleep on Springs at the game. Was it only for limited minutes?
He airballed an open jumper and took a triple teamed shot off an o-rebound. If he can’t get minutes after putting up a great half against BU, no way he’s getting minutes after that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom