T. Polley- 6.0
T. Smith- 6.0
J. Carlton- 5.5
A. Gilbert- 5.0
C. Vital- 5.0
B. Adams- 4.5
K. Yakwe- 3.0

Player of the Game (UConn)- XL Center Crowd
Blunder of the Game- T. Smith late foul on 3pt shooter. Ouch!

Reaction Score
Cobb and Sid kept us from getting blown out in the first half. Both deserve 8's or better

Reaction Score
I am not sure what game you watched to give sid Wilson a much higher score than Cobb. One had a double double the other not even close.

Reaction Score
Carlton literally had no stats how could CV be below him
Carlton showed some defensive life down the stretch. CV had 7 turnovers paired with 1 assist. Our hands are tied here. We agree with you J. Adams was the best player on the court. But we see so much more potential in him. 5 turnovers, also too many.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what game you watched to give sid Wilson a much higher score than Cobb. One had a double double the other not even close.
S. Wilson played great ball for the little minutes he received (12). On both sides of the ball.
Cobb was beat too many times on defense. Still a good game nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Carlton showed some defensive life down the stretch. CV had 7 turnovers paired with 1 assist. Our hands are tied here. We agree with you J. Adams was the best player on the court. But we see so much more potential in him. 5 turnovers, also too many.

ahhh so some clarity in the grading, it is not an even scale, but slides based on potential. Should Sid's grade not be lower then because his potential is so much more than what we saw even in limited minutes....

Reaction Score
ahhh so some clarity in the grading, it is not an even scale, but slides based on potential. Should Sid's grade not be lower then because his potential is so much more than what we saw even in limited minutes....
7 points, 2 Rb, 1 block, in 12 minutes as a Freshman in his 2nd collegiate game against Arizona. What more do you want from the kid?

P.S: Add the fact that he took a charge to that stat line

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its not wanting more out of Sid, he played great. Was he the best player though - No, that was Adams. One would think he would have the best score. The point was to say if it is rating on potential as well - as we would always want more based on our thoughts of their potential - shouldn't we have wanted more out of Sid than 12 minutes, to not miss his two attempts in the 2nd half. Again think sid played great, just think Jalen was better. Carry on

Reaction Score
Smith, Carlton and Gilbert are over graded on this card. It’s like they were given points just for wearing the uniform. Jalen was the best and Sid gets a 6 on this scale with much potential.

Reaction Score
I would put CV at the bottom. I get what Hurley likes about his energy, but his over dribbling/turnovers and bad shot selection lost us the game, IMO. Not that others didn't make mistakes, but it just seems to me that every big game he does the same thing. Not seeing any learning.

Reaction Score
S. Wilson- 8.5
E. Cobb- 7.0
J. Adams- 7.0
T. Polley- 6.0
T. Smith- 6.0
J. Carlton- 5.5
A. Gilbert- 5.0
C. Vital- 5.0
B. Adams- 4.5
K. Yakwe- 3.0

Player of the Game (UConn)- XL Center Crowd
Blunder of the Game- T. Smith late foul on 3pt shooter. Ouch!
Tarin Smith had 30 minutes but didn't put in a lot of stats and fouled late in the game. I think his grade needs to go down.

Reaction Score
S. Wilson played great ball for the little minutes he received (12). On both sides of the ball.
Cobb was beat too many times on defense. Still a good game nonetheless.
In his post-game press conference, Hurley said Wilson scored 7 points but gave up at least 9 on the defensive end. And he gets an 8.5?

Bogus grades per usual.

Reaction Score
Jalen just looks winded this year which is strange since his usage is down from last year. He just doesn’t seem to have any pop.
It would be nice to see Jalen run around screens with energy like Rip used to do.

Reaction Score
Jalen just looks winded this year which is strange since his usage is down from last year. He just doesn’t seem to have any pop.
It would be nice to see Jalen run around screens with energy like Rip used to do.
Strongly disagree. I've seen plenty of explosiveness and heart from the kid this season. He's the only husky that's consistently showed up and brought the good stuff to every game. The only thing we could ask for him is to better his 3pt %. You could make an argument for tighter 1v1 defense as well. Those 2 things aside, he's been fantastic for this team this year. I hope he can continue to lead us to victories through the first half of the season while some of his teammates are still finding their game and their role:

Wilson- Needs a lot more game time minutes
Gilbert- Still looking to find consistency, more game time minutes needed
Diarra- No explanation needed
Coach Hurley-Still looking to find the correct lineups, minutes for players, and a possible new starting lineup?
Carlton- Still trying to find a game against the bigger Centers
Cobb- Still learning to put a complete Defensive game together
Whaley- Hopefully just waiting for his ankle to heal completely, he can be a solid contributor imo
Vital- Still figuring out how to limit turnovers and bad shots (he's shown flashes this year compared to last)
Akok- ??? jk, but, maybe not? I will say this, his rim protection skills would have been welcomed vs Arizona.

Along with Jalen, I believe Polley and Smith have done a good job early finding their roles on this team.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Gilbert gets a 1.0. He really struggled. Needs to look to create more for others - not himself. I'm not knocking him as a player... he was just very bad against Arizona. Great against Syracuse though. Hopefully he will get more consistent with time. Tries to do too much against stronger competition. He needs to learn to adjust his individual expectations to the level of competition. He is the point guard, if he is taking too many shots and their not going in... he hurts the team. He makes the whole thing go or not go.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I just had a chance to watch the game tonight since I had a work commitment last night and today. Smith deserves a -500 for that foul. Good God.
Nightmare fuel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom