Replay: Geno's Legacy with Kerry Bascom and Nykesha Sales | The Boneyard

Replay: Geno's Legacy with Kerry Bascom and Nykesha Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Saw that the other night. Pretty good. Both very quiet though, and kinda seemed like they didn't really want the attention.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Such a great series. Can't thank you enough for uploading all these.

Reaction Score
I am happy that Bascom is given the attention and credit she deserves. She is the reason I started following the team as they marched to the final 4 in the early 90's. And of course, Sales, among the first state grown superstars.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As completely awesome as this entire series is, I have to say this is my favorite episode yet.

I have literally never seen any footage of Kerry Bascom playing, or of UConn's Final Four run in 1991. (The first game listed on the uconnhuskygames site is the January 1995 game vs. Tennessee.) Is there really no such footage is out there of the early days (pre-Lobo)?

Reaction Score
For Geno to say Bascom is the one player of all he has coached to take that last shot when needed speaks volumes. WOW! Wish I could have seen her play. Footage?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the uploads! I never saw any of these when they originally aired. Hopefully the Sue Bird one is in the cards or up next! Thanks again.

Reaction Score
For Geno to say Bascom is the one player of all he has coached to take that last shot when needed speaks volumes. WOW! Wish I could have seen her play. Footage?
She was that good and they were fun to watch. Laura Lishness from Bristol Ct was her classmate and a really good guard. Kerry might have hit more big shots than anybody that has played at Uconn. There was a show with the coaches after the 2010 NC where you can ask them questions about the program. Someone asked Who would take the last shot out of all of his players? Before he answered the audience did and said Taurasi and he knew what people would say. That night he said Kerry Bascom.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing these. Did they do any of these with Diana, Maya, Rene, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom