Replacing Bouknight’s Points? | The Boneyard

Replacing Bouknight’s Points?

Reaction Score
Almost all of the preseason evaluations of this team acknowledged they should be better but rightfully so questioned if they could replace Bouknight’s offensive production. I think that question was emphatically answered today.

Reaction Score
Seems like everyone knows their roles, etc. Looked like Andre did a lot of dishing to Sanogo today, zero points but cant get more selfless than that. Sanogo was a beast. Polley stepped up with great efficiency at the 3pt line and Jordan Hawkins 16pts in 16 minutes. Great TEAM win!!!

Reaction Score
Seems like everyone knows their roles, etc. Looked like Andre did a lot of dishing to Sanogo today, zero points but cant get more selfless than that. Sanogo was a beast. Polley stepped up with great efficiency at the 3pt line and Jordan Hawkins 16pts in 16 minutes. Great TEAM win!!!
Good point on Jackson. I think Hurley had him on that mission to feed Sanogo when others were not getting him the ball. Sanogo missed about 4 bunnies in the 2nd half with tough luck.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Definitely been doing it by committee so far. Jackson NEEDS to find ways to create points for himself though. Kind of disappointed by his lack of ability to score after a summer of working on his game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Good point on Jackson. I think Hurley had him on that mission to feed Sanogo when others were not getting him the ball. Sanogo missed about 4 bunnies in the 2nd half with tough luck.
AJ to sanogo seemed pretty automatic. I know AJ's stats line wasn't beautiful, but I'm still high on what he brings to the floor, slippery handle recently and all, and not even counting the highlight reel stuff. If he tightens up 10% of his game, and gains the confidence from doing it, lookout. "it's coming"

Reaction Score
I absolutely loved James Bouknight as a player, he was a walking bucket with a unique ability to score in so many ways. That said, this team is much better.

Replacing the offense we lost hasn't been a problem as we have so many weapons. Sanogo, Cole, Polley, Martin and Hawkins are all capable of 20 plus point games on a given night, and Gaffney should probably be on that list as well. The key with this year's squad is to move the ball well and get plenty of good looks for Cole, Polley, and Hawkins. Crisp passing and more secure ball handling are all this team needs to score plenty of points to win, especially if the defense and rebounding remain at a very high level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom