Rep-Am article on Caroline | The Boneyard

Rep-Am article on Caroline

Reaction Score
This looks as if it requires a subscription, but there's an article in this morning's Waterbury Republican-American about Caroline.
It discusses her injury a bit. I read it in hard copy.

I'm guessing most of it has been discussed previously over the months, but I enjoy reading Roger Cleaveland's articles.
I won't say 'favorite', but I really respected how Caroline played. Her 3 point shot last season wasn't what most fans expected, but when she was in the game she knew what she needed to do and did it well. Always looked forward to the games when Caroline and Dorka were clicking. Dorka knew enough to look for Caroline making a move toward the basket andd Caroline knew how to make points when she needed to.
Looking forward to a healthy team this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They give you 5 free articles a week.

She said she also did a lot of film work with assistant coach Morgan Valley to keep her stimulated and keep improving the cerebral part of her game.

“The summer is about improving where you were last year so I’m not just trying to get back to where I was,” she said. “I want to improve even more, and being at school in this competitive environment most of the summer helped me stay focused on that. It is definitely challenging but I am focusing on each little goal I have in my rehab.”

Reaction Score
My kind of player, thinking basketball all the tine. Not playing catch-up but jumping ahead. Can't wait to see her play this season and she WILL be a much better 3-point shooter this year. BET ON IT. Go Caroline!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Yes indeed! Like everyone stated, Caroline is a joy to watch on the court. I love her confidence. A lot of players would have transferred if they did not get a lot of playing time. Caroline just hung in there and quietly went about her business. When she did get solid minutes and was allowed to play through her mistakes, she did not disappoint. I am just happy for her and wishing her all the best this season and each season after.

Reaction Score
To be completely honest, I think Dorka was the only player really looking to pass to Caroline. I think that changes some this year. It's tough for any player to crack a lineup as a freshman and really be a key player. Caroline did it out of necessity last year for a while but when there were other options it seemed she was underutilized but her movement was the key. When she moved without the ball she was at her best. Her injury probably affected that more sometimes than others.

Reaction Score
To be completely honest, I think Dorka was the only player really looking to pass to Caroline. I think that changes some this year. It's tough for any player to crack a lineup as a freshman and really be a key player. Caroline did it out of necessity last year for a while but when there were other options it seemed she was underutilized but her movement was the key. When she moved without the ball she was at her best. Her injury probably affected that more sometimes than others.
I'd agree, TeamFirst... during the stretch of games when the Huskies were most short-handed, Evina seemed rarely to pass the ball to Caroline, and Nika and Christyn almost never. Most of her looks came off passes from Dorka, Liv and Aaliyah, probably in that descending order.

She will be on the move again this coming season but will be at the mercy of her teammates to get her the ball. I hope Paige, Azzi and Lou also find value in her special talents.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the things that Caroline did extremely well was on the cut off the high screen she would put her arm out top and receive the high to low pass and usually have a smaller guard on her and she could score easily on them. She did that in the final against SC when she besides Paige seemed to be the only effective scoring options. If healthy I expect big things from her this year.

Reaction Score
Here's some highlights from the St Johns game that show Caroline's game well.

Reaction Score
And this one against Xavier has all Caroline's skills on display. This is who I expect we'll see every night next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom