OT: Rentschler Field Concerts -> | The Boneyard

OT: Rentschler Field Concerts ->

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
There weren't many but those were some damn good times so close in our backyard.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street BandSeptember 16, 2003

The Rolling StonesAugust 26, 2005

The PoliceJuly 31, 2007

Too bad they never did more with it for concerts.

Small stadiums are a tough tour and sell.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s the fact it’s a small stadium, it’s the fact they use the Live Nation Amphitheater in Hartford. They already have much of the infrastructure in place to build out a stage, rather than starting from scratch. Would be nice to have concerts there with how good the tailgating setup is.

Reaction Score
There weren't many but those were some damn good times so close in our backyard.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street BandSeptember 16, 2003

The Rolling StonesAugust 26, 2005

The PoliceJuly 31, 2007

Too bad they never did more with it for concerts.

Small stadiums are a tough tour and sell.

There was a second Springsteen on 9/18/2003 as well. Not as well attended but I had a spot in the Pit on the rail. Great night. I was at all the shows and enjoyed them all. My mother-in-law lived in Hartford southend and said she could hear the Springsteen shows from her front steps.

Reaction Score
It would also generate some extra money for the university and the state. May help local businesses too.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My first thoughts at the Stones '05 after getting to my ticketed spot at the rear of the field "my football seats in 117 would be better".....disappointment more than extinguished second set where we were better than front row (no pit) when they rolled the stage right down in front of us for 3-4 songs...

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
I believe there were noise concerns from the neighbors around the stadium at the time which could be another factor for why they don't do this anymore.
And as @HCCForever noted, yes. there was a second Bruce show.
If I remember correct, there was a tropical storm lurking in the area for that one which propably contributed to the lower attendance.

When you go back through the 2000's it was a wonderful time to be a UConn Fan.
Great game attendance with large concert bonus.

Reaction Score
@ElGuapo, your memory is correct. Here is more information on that tropical storm.

September 18 / Hartford, CT / Rentschler Field
Notes:
Rentschler Field may have only been 3/4 full for night two, but those who took their chances with Isabel truly got a night to remember. On this windy but rain-free night

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Turf, noise, wrong size venue, numerous other venues in the area.

If you are selling 25k then you go with the outside lawn/pavillion venues, if you are selling 40k in CT you can sell 60-70k in Boston or New York. If you are selling under 20k, you find an indoor arena.

Reaction Score
I’m not a Pats fan but I wish they would play pre-season games at the Rent. It would sellout for sure. NFL game in CT?! Sign me up!

Reaction Score
East Hartford residents should have had other concerns rather than a loud concert that they could listen to for free
How about some economic development for a largely depressed region. More stuff they have at the Rent, the better for local businesses and restaurants. Taxes may go down as a result.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How about some economic development for a largely depressed region. More stuff they have at the Rent, the better for local businesses and restaurants. Taxes may go down as a result.
I've been paying them long enough to realize that, all things being equal, taxes generally never go down. Municipal governments will typically find places to spend the money.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think East Hartford residents put the kibosh on the concerts. I think Fenway has grabbed the acts that would be Rent appropriate.

Reaction Score
I believe there were noise concerns from the neighbors around the stadium at the time which could be another factor for why they don't do this anymore.
And as @HCCForever noted, yes. there was a second Bruce show.
If I remember correct, there was a tropical storm lurking in the area for that one which propably contributed to the lower attendance.

When you go back through the 2000's it was a wonderful time to be a UConn Fan.
Great game attendance with large concert bonus.
Noise complaints? People can't put up with a little noise for 2-3 hours once a year?

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
^^^
That was what I read about at the time which would be consistent with how shortsided and stupid people can be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom